Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

little wheel help

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Default little wheel help

I own a 06 mazdaspeed6 and I need a little help with some rims. I've done a little research and what I've come up with is that the TE37 are a little to expensive. I've also looked at the work cr kai and have read from other sources that the rota replica's might actually be better. Anyways I'll list some brands and maybe I'll get a little help or maybe i'll be called a dumbass.

Volk TE37-too pricy
Volk Gram Lights 57F/Maximum

Yokohama Advan Racing RS/RG11/RC111/RZ

SSR Type C RS

Work Emotion CR KAI
Work Emotion CR-Forged(If I can find them)
Work Emotion XD9

5Zigen

If some friendly person could help me out with these or other brands I would thank you with an icon of your choice.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Default sorry ment to add something

I was also considering brake pads in order to reduce brake dust; however if the mazda brake pads are better than the others even though it puts out brake dust then screw it. I've been thinking AUTOEXE STREET, HAWK, EBS, SATISFIED PRO CERAMIC, and whatever you wanna recommend.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:41 AM

As far as your wheels are concerned, the cheapest set that you have on that list is probably gonna be the 5Zigen wheels. Was there any particular 5Zigen wheel that you liked? And how much are you trying to spend? I can understand not wanting to spend about 2k or more on a set of TE37's. But they are some nice wheels though. Rota makes several TE37 replicas, the Grid and the JMAG, but it just depends on which TE37 grabbed you.

Now as far as your brakes, are you looking for pads to reduce brake dust or are you looking for pads to improve stopping power? The reason I ask is because its probably gonna be nearly impossible to have both. I have a set of Hawks HP+ pads on my RX7 and they give off alot of brake dust. But along with the steel braided brake lines and the slotted rotors, the car stops at a drop of a dime and picks the dime up too! lol! For performance, you are on the right track with Hawks, Autoexe Street, EBS and etc. They also make street pads with less brake dust too but its not anything different than what you can get in your local parts store. If you need help getting any prices just pm me or aim me. Good luck man and have fun!

Old 07-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Default is it worth it

Hey man I just wanna say thanks for the replay. I was looking around spending under 2k, if the wheels are good and most likely Forged or Semi Sold Forged. I was looking at the SSR Type F RS, and found prices between 2300 and 2800. I found a better price on tire rack and a local shop is willing to match it for $1925.12 including shipping. I think street unit also has it for 1900. I guess I'm wondering if this is a good price? I still don't know if I wanna spend that much I'm kind of worried how the wheel will look on my car, black mazdaspeed6. I realize I might say something dumb here but I feel like the wheel might be to black and therefore making the car look lighter. The price doesn't include tires but the shop quoted me on the Falken FK452, which are pretty sexy along with the Yoko S-Drives, which would bring it to 2600. Anyways is this good or am I falling into a trap.

As far as the brake pads go I dont really know what I want. If I wanna reduce brake dust and I go with Hawk, Autoexe, Satisified pro ceramic, etc and they suck more than the factory brakes I got on there then I'd rather just stick with what a got for now. However what you got sounds worth the dirt, some sexy rotors and pads and stop on the dime pick back up **** just sounds so good. I was looking at big brake kits, brembo or rotora but that **** is expensive.

Old 07-27-2009, 08:00 AM

What size rims were you looking for? And did you have a particular size tire in mind? Yeah, if you were just looking for some brakes to reduce brake dust than you are better off keeping what you have. Most of, or even all of, the high performance stuff is gonna give way more brake dust than the pads you have now. Big brake kits are awesome too but you might want to research the specs on the kits so that way you wont have to upgrade your wheels again too. Some of the calipers on the big brake kits get too big for the wheels to the point where they will hit the back of the spokes. Whenever you start going big brake kits you have to factor in and recalculate the size and offset of the wheels, which then brings you to the question, "will the wheels still fit in the fender well?". Then you have to calculate whether you want to roll the fenders or go with a wide fender body kit. Yeah, theres alot more to it than just bolting everything on. Only if it was just that easy. Either way if you have any questions I'll be more than glad to help out.

Old 07-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Default Are there lady nose pickers????

I believe 225/45-18, but anyways thanks man really your awsome. I'll probably stick with the brake pads I got for now until I figure out what I wanna do.