Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Wheels, Tires and other Exterior (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/wheels-tires-other-exterior-9/)
-   -   How to put a glowing emblem on your Maz (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/wheels-tires-other-exterior-9/how-put-glowing-emblem-your-maz-4096/)

timp 07-19-2006 03:50 AM

How to put a glowing emblem on your Maz

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7486

I figured i'd let you folks in on my little secret on how to put a glowing emblem on your mazda... i did this on my 626 and i get a lot of attention because of it (btw, don't drive with it on, cops don't like it)

so, i threw together this entire write-up on how i did it. feel free to check it out and give it a try... i've done it on 2 different cars so far, and it's really not that difficult... just takes a couple hours to get it right.

My Writeup

if you need any help, feel free to contact me and i'll be happy to assist you any way i can.

87 turbo II 07-19-2006 06:06 PM

RE: How to put a glowing emblem on your Maz

That's awesome. I read the whole thing and planned to do it and I was os excited when I remembered my car has no emblems! Damn I want to do it but even if I bought an emblem I'd have to remove the front bumper and cut a round hole in it and stuff.

mazzfan 09-12-2006 02:57 AM

Thanks for the info. Nice one! I am thinking of enhancing my car's looks as well and this is definitely one of my prority.

badassgurl1030 07-07-2007 10:37 PM

impressive! tom i personally would like one, but i am not confident enough to do it on my own because i don't want to end up ruining it.

thedfo 02-04-2008 11:35 AM

Question...why don't cops like this? I understand why the wouldn't like red lights pointing forward, but blue or white lights? Not entirely sure why they'd be upset with that when they let ground effects fly.

jkrigelman 09-26-2008 03:58 PM

Ground effects are illegal most everywhere I know of as well as windshield washer sprayer LEDs and other external, distracting lights. At one time the late 80s or early 90s Mercury had a model where the entire grill glowed. I fail to remember what car it was but it may have been the Grand Marquie or the Sabel. But either way they sudenly stopped producing them either because it was ugly or they got pressure from department of transportations around the US.

Archnemesis 11-25-2008 09:30 AM

Nice guide! I'd really love trying to make it sometime soon...but not on my car, its not a car worth it. I have a Mazda Cronos..pimping a 1995 cronos aint all that nice. Lol. But I will defenatly be keeping that guide and doing it on a future car.