Continental Extreme Contact DWS - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 05-26-2016, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Default Continental Extreme Contact DWS

I have been running Plus Zero sized tires (225/45-17) and recently replaced one set of these DWS's for another, $105 ea. in that size before shipping. My wife and I are both running these and like them A LOT!!
They continue to impress, but are currently being replaced by a new evolution/model. I can only hope these are at least as good as the first series. They were more expensive (of course) and I have had bad luck with upgraded/newer models of tires that I have liked in the past.
They are currently on sale at The Tire Rack and anyone interested in a very good, long lasting (49k, with my foot usually in it and in city traffic too.) That's more than twice the wear I got for the previous three sets on this car. Each set was burned up/gone before the 20k mark,) low road noise, comfortable riding tire for DD duties, I highly recommend getting a set before they are gone.
As I have always said, the one draw back of these is a slower than I'd like steering response, but a few extra pounds of air will help compensate for that (35psi,) and I'll take that trade for a confidence building set of quality tires any day of the week.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:18 PM

I second the recommendation for the Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, I'm running them on our official Reach the Beach minivan, and empty, loaded to the gills with a bunch of stinky runners, or toting furniture while towing a 4,000 pound trailer, they have never missed a beat, even when driving through a blizzard.