Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/suspension-12/)
-   -   Install help... (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/suspension-12/install-help-2540/)

Lupae3s 03-16-2006 10:48 PM

Install help...

hey everyone:
im planning on installing a few aftermarket suspension components on my 2004 Mazda 3s this weekend (havent decided yet on friday or saturday). Of course, im planning on doing the install myself to save some dough and also just to practice DIY. The parts that i will be installing are: Tein Basic CoilOver Suspension, MAZDASPEED Strut Bar, Eibach Front and Rear Swaybars, and MAZDASPEED Rear Camber Links. Also, ill be mounting a set of Falken Azenis 215/45/17's on 17x7 gunmetal Falken Torque 5 wheels.

i was just wondering if anyone had any helpful advice for the installation and/or any pertinent information that i might need. thanks for your help everyone!

sstlaure 03-17-2006 02:44 AM

RE: Install help...

You're going to need to drop the rear x-member to get the rear upper camber links in. The inside bolt that holds the camber links in place won't come out unless you drop the rear x-member by about 2"

Use a BFH (Big f-in hammer) to get the stock strut out of the lower control arm once you remove the bolt.

RJB_M6 03-19-2006 08:23 PM

I got no advice but I like yur choice in the Falken rims. I just placed a set of Falken Explicit rims on my m6 and I love them!

Lupae3s 03-19-2006 10:08 PM

Update: On Saturday, two of my friends and I set up shop in my buddy's garage in Buffalo, NY and successfully installed the coil overs and the strut bar with little to no set backs. the only problem we ran into was with the control arms in the front of the car...once we got them loose they wouldnt loosen anymore to come out, and also they wouldnt tighten back up. also, the torque wrench we used was a little different than what ive come across before, so when i was torquing one of the bolts for the upper mounts in the front to 80 lb/ft, i tightened way too much and ripped the top of the bolt off. tomorrow i will bring my car to mazda for an alignment and to fix my stupid mistake (bolt). but, the cars stance appears very aggressive now, the wheels fit and look AWESOME in the wheel wells...the springs are nice and stiff and on the drive home she was just asking me to throw her into the corners.

We decided not to install the eibach sway bars and the mazdaspeed camber links due to our inexperience and the complexity of the installation. When i bring the car to mazda tomorrow ill have them finish where i left off.

but all in all, it was a great learning experience and very fun to install. and i was able to save a lot of money thanks to DIY!

RJB_M6 03-20-2006 10:26 PM

Lupae3s by any chance, are you referrring to the Town Mazda by the hockey rink and Balle Total Fitness?

Lupae3s 03-21-2006 02:33 AM

RJB: im not too sure about this Town Mazda of which you speak. i attend Lancaster Toyota - Mazda.

but are you referring to the Lancaster Ice Rink off of Manheim Pike? i dont know anything about balle total fitness, though. ive never seen one in my life, but i havent been looking.

from where are you?

RJB_M6 03-21-2006 04:58 PM

I'm from Fredonia, NY and I go to the Towne Mazda which is about 5 minutes from the McKinley Mall...No I was referring to Leisure Rinks.

Lupae3s 03-21-2006 07:32 PM

oh, im from lancaster, pennsylvania. you probably thought i was talking about Lancaster in Buffalo, NY where in NY is fredonia? is it near buffalo?

RJB_M6 03-21-2006 08:22 PM

yea i was thinking lancaster NY lol..Fredonia is about um 20 ish minutes north of the PA border off the thruway...its like Ripley is the first exit in NY, then westfield, then Fredonia