Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/suspension-12/)
-   -   91 B2200 LOWER or BAGG IT?? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/suspension-12/91-b2200-lower-bagg-10563/)

XXBXDUBBXX 09-21-2007 03:22 PM

91 B2200 LOWER or BAGG IT??

I WANNA LOWER MY 91 B2200. MY FRIEND WAS TALKIN ABOUT BLOCKS OR SOMETHIN LIKE THAT...BUT I THINK I WANNA HAVE AIRBAG SUSPENSION.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PROS/CONS OF BOTH. PRICE DIFFERENCES AND EASE OF THE JOB, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY....WHAT LOOKS BETTER (CATCHES THE EYE)??

I APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE AND SUGGESTIONS, THANKS.

++B_RAD!!!

virgin1 09-21-2007 03:40 PM

RE: 91 B2200 LOWER or BAGG IT??

Afriend of mine has a bagged/slammed S10. It was a lot of work and customizing. He hadto chop and channel the (frame whoops!) body for clearance. He built an entirely new bed for it, using only the stock sides. When you have a frame, like your B2200 that's something to consider.You may not have to go that far is you don't want to drag/slam it.I don't know for sure.
Plus, you will always be carrying around several large bottles of nitrogen to feed the suspension.
The good news is that you have control over ride height and he tells me the ride is good.
His is pretty cool, and I like it, but it's not for me.

Blocking is an old trick and can be done pretty easily in most cases. The downsides are that you have to live with it as is, and that the lowered suspension may adversely affect steering and handling. You may experience extreme understeer, plow and bump steer w/that set-up.
Remember that anything you do will have some consequences. Nothing is free and comes w/o a price. Change one thing and it will no doubt affect several others in the process.

sstlaure 09-21-2007 04:38 PM

Whatever you do, make sure the truck still drives well. By bagging it, you can slam it to the ground for the looks when you're hanging out, but you can still drive it at a decent height/ride quality.

You may want to look into dropped front spindles and a hotrod style rear 4-link coil-over suspension. You can get those nice and low and still have great handling.

mazda_minitruck92 11-16-2007 10:48 PM

i have a 92 b2200 and just started my own shop lowering is easy on those truck adjust the torsion bars and blocks in the rear and your lowered in about an hour but the ride is extremely rough the 92 i have i just bought it and the adjusted the torsion bars and that was it but you feel everything in the road baggs do take longer but the ride is better than a new car you have the adjustability andthey catch the eye because you have an adjustable suspension bags i have found for 899.00 a set up and blocks are 30.00 and blocks would be all you need also with blocks you are limited on the amount of drop