Sights N Sounds Post all of your video and sound clips here.

My modified m3

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Default My modified m3

You can look but don't touch co'z its hot....

And the red one is my baby mazda3 z6 engine...
1.8 16v dohc... Small engine very economical

Attached Thumbnails My modified m3-711.jpg   My modified m3-713.jpg   My modified m3-image005.jpg   My modified m3-image014.jpg  
Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 AM
VB

A NISMO sticker? Are you serious? That's sad.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

So what Mods have you done to her? The engine bay looks stock.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Default Hi vb

How did you say it is so sad? Its just because of nismo sticker? Well i didn't done any thing yet with that baby mazda... And i dont know what to do to it for now... Coz the engine doesn't look familiar to me... You better give me an advise vb to make it better rather than feeling so sad to it. But it's cute wasn't?

Old 08-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Default Miss virgin

Yup miss vir... It's really stock... I just bought it couple of months ago... Actually i still don't have an idea how to mods this tiny z6 engine of mine... I'm planning to keep like this for now and do nothing...

Old 08-20-2009, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Well, as long as you know what you want.
It's a 1.6L, yes?
We are not familiar with these engines here in the US. They only import the bigger 2.0 and 2.3L (now a 2.5L) to us here. Not even a Diesel alternative is available to us.
Chances are you would not see much improvement unless you boosted it (turbo or super charged) the car, but you might do a few things that may help a little and not cost much or even anything?
You may be able to advance the ignition timing a few degrees by moving the sensor beneath the crankshaft pulley? You would want to move it down in a counter-clockwise movement to it's limits.
You might also be able to improve the air flow into the engine using a cold air intake or by modifying the stock air box.
You might also be able to free up the exhaust a bit by putting a free-flow muffler and/or catalytic converter on.

I know nothing about the laws where you live, so you would have to make yourself aware of your local laws and restrictions before performing any of these modifications I have suggested here, or you might find yourself in some big trouble you were not expecting.

I had a blast doing simple and cheap mods to a Honda Civic I once owned way back when. I had no money so I had to do lots of research and use my imagination. You might be able to do the same with yours.
Do you have salvage yards (some would call them junk yards here) where you live?

BTW: I just saw this in your post, I am a Mister.... Virgin1 is actually what I call my car and the screen name I use a lot.

Last edited by virgin1; 08-20-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:43 PM
VB

Originally Posted by nandy Pungyan
How did you say it is so sad? Its just because of nismo sticker? Well i didn't done any thing yet with that baby mazda... And i dont know what to do to it for now... Coz the engine doesn't look familiar to me... You better give me an advise vb to make it better rather than feeling so sad to it. But it's cute wasn't?
Because NISMO is Nissan's tuning company. I'm pretty sure Nissan doesn't make the Mazda3.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:30 PM
Default re:vb

yeah your right NISMO is NISSAN.... but this was brother idea... ist just a sticker any... not a big deal... never mind....
so can you give me an advise. about my engine because i have a hard time with it dealing with power... it is not pulling up special in overtaking situation... i have to shift it to manual mode and shift to lower gear to obtain my desire pick up.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:35 PM
VB

Re: sticker - it's just as bad as putting VTEC badges on a car that doesn't have it. It's stupid. I wouldn't put a "Yeah, it's got a Hemi" sticker on my Chevrolet, that would just be ludicrous.

Re: power - it's 1.8L. What are you really expected 110HP to do with a 2900 pound car?

Last edited by VB; 08-20-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:42 PM

PSH MY CAR HAS VTEC AND TURBO CHARGED SUPER CHARGED 440 CUBIC ENGINE... lol i have my humour

Quick Reply: My modified m3