Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Professional Racing (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/professional-racing-37/)
-   -   Last Chanve for NASCAR driver's to get in Playoffs Tonight (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/professional-racing-37/last-chanve-nascar-drivers-get-playoffs-tonight-34172/)

UseYourNoggin 09-06-2014 03:48 PM

Last Chanve for NASCAR driver's to get in Playoffs Tonight

Nascar race tonight on ABC is the last chance to get in the playoffs ("The Chase"). Top 16 drivers are eligible, or if you win. Currently there are 12-13 people locked in because they have won. The other spots could be available by overall points or if you win tonight! Bonus points for the playoffs are also given on how many races you've won.
It's gonna be a great race on a relatively short track of .75 mile, tonight on ABC! I hope rookie Kyle Larson gets in the chase as he is on the bubble, but has a good starting position of 8th.

Dammit: mispelled Chance in title, can't change it now! Chanve!

Tonight's Line-UP top 24 (Dale Earnhardt Jr is 24th). All eyes on Tony Stewart!

Pos- Car#- Driver- Team
1- 2- Brad Keselowski- Miller Lite Ford
2- 24- Jeff Gordon- Drive To End Hunger Chevrolet
3- 48 -Jimmie Johnson- Lowe's Chevrolet
4- 4 -Kevin Harvick -Budweiser Chevrolet
5- 22 -Joey Logano -Shell Pennzoil Ford
6 -15 -Clint Bowyer- 5-hour Energy Toyota
7- 17 -Ricky Stenhouse Jr.- Fifth Third Bank Ford
8 -42- Kyle Larson - Target Chevrolet
9 -41- Kurt Busch- Haas Automation Chevrolet
10- 99- Carl Edwards- Kellogg's/Frosted Flakes Ford
11- 11 -Denny Hamlin- FedEx Express Toyota
12- 31 -Ryan Newman- Caterpillar Chevrolet
13- 10- Danica Patrick- GoDaddy Chevrolet
14- 27- Paul Menard- Sylvania/Menards Chevrolet
15- 1- Jamie McMurray -Cessna Chevrolet
16- 20- Matt Kenseth- Dollar General Toyota
17- 16- Greg Biffle- 3M Call Before You Dig Ford
18- 55- Brian Vickers- Aaron's Dream Machine Toyota
19- 14- Tony Stewart- Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevrolet
20- 18- Kyle Busch- M&M's Toyota
21- 5- Kasey Kahne- Farmers Insurance Chevrolet
22- 13- Casey Mears- GEICO Chevrolet
23- 47- AJ Allmendinger -Bush's Beans Chevrolet
24- 88- Dale Earnhardt Jr.- Nationwide Insurance Chevrolet

UseYourNoggin 09-06-2014 09:54 PM

Very boring lousy race.
Only exciting part is when a fan tried to climb the fence in turn 4 with 70 laps to go which brought out the caution.
Last 70 laps was green flag racing with no bumping or crashes or cautions or re-starts.
Kyle Larson didn't make it as he had to do better than Clint Bowyer that finished 3rd in the race and Clint didn't get in because he finished 3rd and Greg Bifle got in as he was the leader in pints among those 3 by a bit and kept his overall lead by 7 points (7 positions overall for the year).

It was a hot, humid night and Jimmie Johnson collapsed after the race due to dehydration and probably some carbon monoxide.

Chase positions did not change as far as the same 16:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...standings.html

UseYourNoggin 09-07-2014 12:17 PM

Jimmie Johnson exited the No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet under his own power after his eighth-place finish in the Federated Auto Parts 400, but slumped against the car before resting on his back on pit road. He stood again, complaining of cramping and dizziness, but leaned against the car until crew members assisted him to a medical cart.
Johnson arrived at the care center at 10:45 p.m. ET and was treated and released shortly after midnight. After his stay, he said the bout with illness came on as a surprise.
"I felt like I came in plenty hydrated. We will have to make sure that all the fans and stuff were working in the car. I was warm at the midway point and didn't feel like my helmet fan was working."
"He needs to go get some fluids," Earnhardt said in an earlier post-race interview. "It was super-hot tonight. I thought I might have some trouble with it because I had a sinus cold all week. … He is the most fit guy in this series and he must have something going on -- something that didn't agree with him today that he ate or drank. He's always really prepared and invests a lot into being hydrated properly and having all the right things in his body to go racing. I’m a little worried about that. I'm sure he'll be fine in 20 or 30 minutes when they get some fluids in him."
Johnson, a three-time winner this year and among the highest seeds in the 10-race Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup playoffs, was scheduled to compete in the Lake Davidson Sprint Triathlon on Sunday morning in North Carolina for the last of four legs in the Jimmie Johnson Foundation's Wellness Challenge. While he said he plans to attend, he has ruled out participating.