Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/old-private-sale-trade-classifieds-13/)
-   -   Rules for posting a For Sale Ad: READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING! (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/old-private-sale-trade-classifieds-13/rules-posting-sale-ad-read-me-first-before-posting-14548/)

virgin1 05-29-2008 06:55 PM

Rules for posting a For Sale Ad: READ ME FIRST BEFORE POSTING!

1 Attachment(s)

Please remember that FREE access and use of this site is a privilege, not a right.

There are way too many "new" members taking advantage of this forums good nature, so it is time to update our rules a little.

FOR TRADE ADS ARE TO BE TREATED AS FOR SALE ADS. NO EXCEPTIONS. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER, IT NEEDS TO FOLLOW THESE RULES.

If you are a new member:

*Post Count: You must have at least 10 "real" posts(1) on the forum before posting a For Sale ad.

*Forum History: You must also be a member in good standing(2) for at least one full week before posting a For Sale ad.
If you have special circumstances that will not allow you to abide by these rules, a waiver may be obtained by PM or e-mailing the ADMIN or a Moderator. Please explain the circumstance as fully as possible.

Rules for All Members and Staff:

*Pictures: You MUST post at least one picture of the item. The picture(s) must also include a sign as part of the original picture with, in any order; 1) Your screen/user name as registered with Mazda Forum; 2) the date the picture was taken, and; 3)www.MazdaForum.com hand or type written on the sign. It cannot be added as an electronic add-on (e-text) to an existing picture. E-texting defeats the purpose of this rule and will not be accepted as a valid form of I.D.

*If it is a vehicle:: List the year, Make, Model, Mileage, along with a brief description.

*If it is parts: What vehicle(s) does the part fit? Is it new, or used? Include a brief description.

*Price: Remember to list an asking or final price for the vehicle or item listed.

*Shipping: Is it included or does the buyer pay?

*Other important info: City and State where item(s) are located. Contact info such as email address, and/or Phone # (optional)

* Be sure you subscribe to your thread: When beginning a new thread, the advanced editing text window will come up. Put in all your information as described above, but before clicking the save button, look at the bottom of the page at the "Additional Options" pane. "Thread Subscription" Use the drop-down menu to make sure e-mail notifications are checked so that you may know when someone has replied to your post. Sometimes the Mods or Admins will post asking important questions or requiring additional information. If a Staffer's question is not responded to within 24hrs, your thread may be deleted for lack of interest.

Failure to follow these regulations will result in your post being deleted without prejudice.

*ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL ADS, OR SPAM OF ANY KIND WILL BE TOLERATED. All SPAM and commercial ads will be deleted and the member/user banned from the site without warning or exception. The decision of the site Administrators and Moderators will be final.

(1) A "real" post is defined by; 1) useful information to/for the forum members. 2) an introduction to the the forum members. 3) a valid question about your Mazda. Real posts are NOT defined by: 1) Useless posts. Posts having no redeeming qualities to an automotive forum. 2) Flaming, or flame wars and starting site drama. 3) Smilies or emoticons. 4) SPAM
(2) A member in good standing is one that: 1) has not received a site infraction or warning; 2) has not instigated site drama (flaming); 3) has not been previously banned from the forum.