Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   What song are you listening to now? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/what-song-you-listening-now-12408/)

jaimie08mazda3 04-26-2008 01:12 AM

RE: What song at you listening to now?

free bird- lynard skynard yeeeeea

VB 04-26-2008 08:54 AM

^ Not much of a Skynrd fan, but that's more like it Jaimie. :)

Metallica -- Ride the Lightning.

virgin1 04-26-2008 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

free bird- lynard skynard yeeeeea
Ilike some Skynard music, but after playing Free Bird for hoards of adoring fans every weekend back in thelate '70's/early '80's, I'm tired of red-necks that cry when singing. As a guitar player, I have to admit that it was a fun song to play however... and with some room to improvise too.

Been listening to Blondie LIVE on and off in the car recently, but rarely listen at home anymore... or in the car either, for that matter. I'm especially partial to Rapture.

And WOW, VB!! You are some kinda' Kansas fan. My first rock concert featured Kansas as Song for America was just coming out. I was a fan through the Leftoverture album, but they sorta' lost me after that. They got too commercial for me.

VB 04-27-2008 10:52 AM

Actually, I'm pretty limited to Leftoverture myself...but Dust in the Wind is a pretty good song.

Anberlin -- Dance, Dance, Christa Paffgen.

This is an interesting song; for a long time, I didn't know what it meant, but I now know that Christa Paffgen was Nico, best known for her singing work with Warhol's Exploding Plastic Inevitable. If it's not familiar, think Lou Reed.

virgin1 04-27-2008 11:14 AM

Oh, I am familiar....

If you ike Leftoverture, you should work backward in the Kansas catalog. Try Masque, then Song for America.
A lot of ppl like the first, self-titled ablum too, but Ithink it's just OK... a prelude of things to come.

VB 04-27-2008 11:18 AM

I figured you'd be on of the only ones here who knew EPI, Richard. ;)

And here's a TEXAS song for you, Richard...

Pantera -- Walk.

jaimie08mazda3 04-27-2008 08:09 PM

got one. im been listning to rock lately. ranging from rob zombie to SOAD to the offspring to anything hahaha. right now sweet home alabama- lynard skynard. funny thing is i had this song full blast in my car. and there are 2 cops standing on the side of the road as i turn. cop looks at me and gives me the thumbs up. yeeeeeeeeeeeea go me

jaimie08mazda3 04-27-2008 08:22 PM

and now its headstones- smile and wave

VB 04-30-2008 08:21 PM

ZZ Top -- La Grange.

SPeeDy3 05-02-2008 02:40 PM

love is gone - david guetta