Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

What really grinds your gears?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:26 PM
VB
Default RE: What really grinds your gears?

[ul][*]People who blow stop signs, especially when the other traffic doesn't have one and is coming off the highway. Almost t-boned a woman who blew a stop sign during a test drive yesterday, haha.[*]Gas prices. I live is NYC, where regular is often $3.25+...which really sucks since I'm too big for an econobox.[*]High-school girls. Though, hopefully I won't have to deal with them anymore...thank God for graduation.[*][align=left]People who use the right lane to pass (that's the bus/parking lane here, and it's illegal to pass in this lane most times), especially when they're obviously trying to show off. I'm sick of getting cut off because anyone can own my poor little 4-banger. [/align][/ul]

Old 07-01-2007, 11:11 PM

//_______
\\
lady blew through a stop sign and took my little red wagon from me, so i feel you on the stop-sign thing

Old 07-15-2007, 12:09 PM

you know what grinds my gears? when your driving on the highway in moving trafficand your in one lane and there is a car next to you and apack ofcrotch rocketsgo rightinbetween you and the car next to you within inches of your carand weave in and out of traffic. i sometimes want to cut over JUST a bit so they cant get by hahaha. thats what really grinds my gears.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:33 PM

what if i told you i do that?
kidding.
that grinds my gears too.
that and slow drivers on the fast lane.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:17 AM

you know what has been grinding my gears lately??
my work.
i work at Canadian tire, and 2 of the guys constantly slack of, especially at the end of the night when its time to clean.
or they dont take a lunch break and leave an hour early, which leaves me to clean the entire shop, then i get yelled at the next day because the shop isnt clean.

and then today, my day off, i brought my car into the shop to fix the rear springs, (putting rubber bushings under the rear springs, to stop the clunking noise from happening). i asked the head mechanic a simple question, "would it be best for me to cut the rubber absorber so it sits flush in the spring seat, or can i just put it in like this??"
and he goes to tell me that he's not going to get involved because he doesnt want to be held responsible when some bad happens to my car and that i dont know what im doing and that i dont know anything about the suspension of a car, and my idea wont work at all..
so pretty much, he called me stupid. which i didnt really appreciate, becausea)im in school for auto mechanics, and b) i installed these springs myself,so i know what im doing.

p.s. after a quick test drive down a bumpy road, i heard very little clunking noised coming from the rear end.....
looks like i know what im doing after all eh?

Old 07-18-2007, 07:24 AM

That's the way it is today... everyone wants the paycheck but no one wants to work for it. We have that problem here as well. Our shipper spends most of the morning on the phone with his friends and family then gets "ugly" with the rest of usbecause he has a lot of shipping to do and has to rush around to get the orders out and we are to busy doing our jobs to help him. Of course, because I am the Service Manager, I hear about it! I have had 5 complaints so far this week from customers who's orders were picked wrong and the owner of the company won't do anything about it.

Just venting!!!
Congrats on gettin the problem fixed on your car.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:45 AM

You know what really grinds my gears? That people don't listen in their Driver's Ed classes, so they go through their whole lives not knowing that the LEFT LANE = P A S S I N G L A N E. You should never be cruising in the left lane for miles unless there's a long line of cars you need to pass! Also, you're supposed to pass at least 5 mph above the other car's speed so that you don't create a "moving roadblock". Just because you think you're driving fast enough does NOT mean that somebody else won't need to pass you, so move to the right! That's what really grinds my gears!

Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 PM

hehe.. whoops.
i drive in the left hand lane all the time...
i always just thought it was the 'fast lane' lol

meh, oh well

and p.s. i love it when im in the car with someone, and i find a carpool lane!!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:18 AM

No carpool lanes anywhere close to where I live

But I hate when ppl, usually college graduates and younger, ride my *** like it's their job. Then I will pull away till they speed up and catch me, I downshift and they still don't get the hint. [:@]

Old 08-08-2007, 07:53 AM

Well I have no problem with people using it as the fast lane, as long as they're going fast enough that nobody needs to pass them. Otherwise, move over!!!

I once saw a sticker on the left rear bumper of a car that read "If I'm passing you on this side, you're in the wrong lane." I would buy it, except I love a clean looking car.