Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Repo

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Default Repo

Is anyone in the repo business or know anybody in the biz, if so, i want to know what they do to them when they about to sell them, like do they half *** the engine rework or interior, are there any hidden bill that need to be paid?

Old 03-08-2006, 11:45 AM
Default RE: Repo

I think typically they go straight to the auction block without a thing done to them. The bank is merely trying to recover as much of their loss as possible. The repo guy gets a commission based off of the value of the vehicle being repo'd.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:16 PM

Nice, so does any of the previous unpaid bills, like monthly fees are they carried over?

Old 03-08-2006, 12:51 PM

You only pay the purchase price of the vehicle (whatever is agreed upon at the auction.) You have no liability for the loser who couldn't pay his car payment.

Old 03-08-2006, 02:18 PM

when you have a car repo'd, whatever is in the car is sold with the car, like stereos amps/subs/ anything lose they will put into storage for you to pick up, if not picked up they will toss out, and charge you for it. the car does not go thru any type of mechanic to make sure it is a sound driveable vehicle, its as-is. also, you have a chance to get the car back after being repo'd, normally the bank will let you know when the auction is, if you come up with the amount past due, you can pay it and get your car back, or you can buy it at the auction. Also, because a car loan is for so much money, doesnt mean they will sell for that amount, whatever the difference is, you get the bill. I am speaking from experience here, i had a 1994 Hyundai Accent brand new in 1994, repo'd, the loan amount due was about $10k, they sold the car for around $2500, i had to pay the difference, it sucks ***.

Old 03-08-2006, 03:04 PM

Cool im thinking of getting a 240sx for a project car.