Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   Ranking of production cult cars (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/ranking-production-cult-cars-28406/)

Sznaps 01-21-2012 12:07 PM

Ranking of production cult cars

Hi Mazda fans,

Some time ago I made up my mind to take on small project during my free time and create ranking of most popular classic (not only) production cars.

Main goal was to do comparision of classic Japanese cars against European and American makes.

It took me a while but here it is.

www.cultrides.com

Site is new so I am sure it still contains some bugs and data inaccuracy which I intend to remove systematically.
Also because of young age of this ranking the rank hierarchy also has not been formed yet and may be a little chaotic. I hope that within a couple of weeks the hierarchy will at least start resembling the final order of cars that most car fans consider "cult".

Thanks in advance for all suggestions. I will be noting them down and applying when possible timewise.

This site is absolutely not commercial, I am trying to draw attention of variety of communities to see what the outcome will be after some time. I hope you do not mind.

:-)

virgin1 01-21-2012 03:45 PM

I checked out your site and while interesting I'm not sure what it is you are trying to accomplish with it?
There are a lot of cars there, but too, there are a lot missing, yet the list is so big and will only get bigger. Plus the matter is all subjective and not scientific. How would you be able to determine, with any accuracy, what the best cars are?

Sznaps 01-21-2012 04:05 PM

The point is to see if after some time a specific group of cars will have significant lead which will indicate that they are most respected by most people who voted.

Also when you look at such list quite often it turns out that there are cars out there that you have not even heard about and which have really huge fan base.

This is kind of experiment. There are many small(limited to few makes) rankings which are time limited, mostly organized by some car magazines, which make variety of communities to compete. I was simply wandering what result would be if there was a global one for a long period of time.

Yes there are cars missing but these will find place in the rank eventually :-) Most cars I put there myself. Some part of them was itroduced by guests. So I could say that there was a small resource limit here :-)

And of course there are many cars that should not be "cult" but as you said it is totally subjective which means that these cars could present "cult" value for other people. Thinking this way i came into conclusion that it is better to have too many cars than too few.

Sznaps 01-26-2012 01:05 PM

Thanks :-) There will be more to come. This weekend I will switch to faster server and also got some quite nice ideas (I think) which I want to implement when time allows. Thanks for good word.

virgin1 01-26-2012 03:07 PM

Do I smell a failed SPAMMER... from Pakistan?

Sznaps 01-26-2012 03:17 PM

care to expain?

shipo 01-26-2012 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sznaps (Post 125020)
care to expain?

Richard wasn't referring to you, he was referring to the post from a spammer (a failed spammer at that) above yours.

virgin1 01-26-2012 04:06 PM

Exactly.
Dale, you know me too well. :D :D :D

Sznaps 01-26-2012 04:11 PM

hehe thanks for the info :-)