Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Ok UYN, check this out

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Default Ok UYN, check this out

This was an ad I placed in Craigslist when I was considering selling the car.

1994 Mustang GT 5.0L Supercharged AT. Dyno-ed at over 500HP, this beast is a specialty automobile with classic status. It is
perennially entered in Mustang car shows and has placed twice as one of the top vehicles in its class. This is a show car that has
been garage kept since purchase in 1998. Modifications include: Vortech S2 S-trim supercharger; Andersen FM-B31 blower cam; Twisted
Wedge ported aluminum heads by TrickFlow; Cobra upper/lower intake; Chris Johnson MS custom ECC IV chip; Precision Industries Stallion
2800 stall convertor; Ford Motorsports 36# injectors; K&N Pro-M 77 MAF; FMS 65 mm throttle body; Autolite AR3932 race plugs; Steeda
sub-frame connectors; Suspension Techniques springs; FFR upper/lower rear control arms; KYB shocks and struts; 3.73 gears; MSD
Boost-Timing Master, MSD 6AL ignition, and Blaster coil; BBK jet-hot equal length shorties; Bassani off-road X-pipes; Flowmaster
catbacks; Kirban AFPR; K&N filter kit; FMS 190 lph in-tank fuel pump with T-Rex external fuel pump. 2.95 Renegade upper boost
pulley; Trans-Go shift kit; Slimline tranny cooler; Powerdyne cockpit pillar fuel pressure and boost meters; dark tinted glass;
full chrome plated aluminum-alloy 17" Cobra wheels; custom interior Andes Rosewood dashboard and door trim; custom removable pop-up
moonroof; Cobra ram-air fiberglass hood; Shogun Invader body kit with Shogun battle wing; custom hand-painted pinstriping; Saleen
style black tail lenses; clear sidemarker lights; Ultra-blue front fog lights; fender flares; window vent shields; rear window
sun-foil. This car is fully loaded with power steering, brakes, windows, air-conditioning, custom MP3 Sony sound system and an
immaculate show room quality interior with ONLY 38K ORIGINAL MILES.!!

Attached Thumbnails Ok UYN, check this out-coopersburg_car_show2004_0815_131103.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

Very Nice! I wouldn't have sold it either.
Wish you had a pic of the engine!

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 03-27-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:21 PM

Ok, here ya go. I had to remove the sway bar to fit the Cobra Intake into the bay and even then I had to select an aftermarket fiberglass hood that allowed for a high profile engine height. The interior shot shows the pillar mounted boost gauge and FP gauge. The engine bay was so tight with added mods, that I had to jury-rig the MSD ESD unit at the top right with plastic ties. If you look closely on the right side you can see the boost control **** that I'd adjust as necessary if I heard any knocking after a particular run. In all, I probably poured an additional 15k(1998 dollars) into this after I bought it. Hell, the wheels were over a grand. But the SC, of course was the biggest ticket item.

Attached Thumbnails Ok UYN, check this out-mustang_crop.jpg   Ok UYN, check this out-dscf2523.jpg   Ok UYN, check this out-dscf2520.jpg   Ok UYN, check this out-dscf2522.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 PM
Banned

Like these pics better. Surprised you didn't move battery to trunk, but intake is on other side. Supercharger must be in front.
Not a fan of wood grain interior, but what do you want to accent light brown interior.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM

I could have moved the battery, but I wanted to keep it as close to a regular sports car as possible as I did take it on a trip or two. I did only a fraction of these mods myself. I had a buddy who was a semi-pro drag racer who worked at a local car dealer as a mechanic. He'd often go to out of state race comps and had a '89 fox body mustang that was in the low 9's in the quarter mile and that was naturally-aspirated. He often would bug me to move the battery back, tear out the AC and front passenger and back seats, power steering, and even the sound deadening material under the carpet to reduce weight. The move of the battery to back would not only give me more room, but it would place more weight over the back wheels and provide more traction in the launch as these old cars were all rear-wheel drive. I often had to remind him that my wife would castrate me if I got too nuts about this. In fact, when I would go to the track, the officials would check your car over, make sure you had an approved helmet and then would ask you what was it's fastest time. If you told him the truth and it was under 14 seconds, you had to have a roll bar installed inside the cockpit. Well, needless to say, if my wife and I used the mustang to go to dinner on a particular night, she definitely would be a little miffed about crawling over a support bar in a dress.