Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   My Mazda6 has a scab... (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/my-mazda6-has-scab-3737/)

AlyssaC 06-19-2006 09:27 PM

My Mazda6 has a scab...

I got in a car accident. Oh yes...my very first one. My poor car. I was driving behind a semi towing another semi on Main St. in Souderton Friday, heading toward Broad St. He got in the left turning lane to turn onto Chestnut St. I was obviously in the lane to go straight. As I am passing the truck, suddenly, there's a silver Nissan Sentra in my path. I slammed on my brakes, but it was too late. I ended up hitting her right rear quarter panel.

Now, I was going 15-20mph when passing the truck. When I hit my brakes, it probably slowed me to about 5-10mph at the time of impact. The woman driving the Sentra pulled in front of a house on W. Chestnut St. (It ended up being her daughter's house. Her other daughter was in the passenger seat.) So, I pulled in behind them. The old woman driving said "Oh, my gosh I'm so sorry!" and then started freaking out saying "I'm gonna lose my license! I can't lose my license!" and the daughter is saying "It's alright Mom, calm down!" and the bitch in the passenger seat jumped out of the car as soon as the old lady stopped the car. Then when I got out of my car, the bitch (the daughter) grabs onto her neck to pretend she's in pain. I look at the damage on my car...not too bad. Just scratches and she might have knocked my wheel alignment out slightly. I look at the damage on her car. Her rear bumper popped off, but not completely. The top part was still attatched, just the bottom popped out of place and knocked it down so it was dragging on the ground. There was a slight dent in the sheet metal of the quarter panel, and some of my paint rubbed onto her bumper.

So, I call the police. While waiting to be switched to Montgomery County, the officer comes pulling up. So, someone obviously called it in already. When the bitch sees the cop, she grabs onto her neck again. I grab my insurance card, registration, and license and give it to the cop when he comes over. He asks what happened. The older woman starts to explain. Her daughter keeps interrupting. The cop tells her to keep quiet. He asks if anyone was hurt. The driver of the Sentra and I both say no. And the toothless bitch, starts to giggle and rub her neck and goes "Umm..." and looks at me. I just rolled my eyes. So, I agreed with everything the driver said happened besides saying that I didn't see the truck driver wave them on because I wasn't watching him, nor could I have possibly seen that.

So, I'm taking pictures of my car with my phone as the woman's grandkids come outside and start taking pictures of their grandma's car. They were young. The little boy goes "Well, what's wrong with your car?" and I said "The bumper is all scratched up." and the little girl goes "Duh, you can see it if you look. Look at all the scratches!" (talking to her brother) Then he says "Man! This is taking away from our swimming time!" and I said "Well, I am sorry to have ruined your day." (sarcastically.)

So, I'm waiting for the cop to finish writing the report. The old lady and Gums are standing near the cop while he is writing. Gums is asking him "If I need medical attention, she has to pay for it right?" and the cop said "Only if she accepts responsibility for the accident. If she denies it, your mothers' insurance company, and hers will perform an investigation to decide who is at fault." and Gums looks back at me and smirks. I just ignored her. She seriously has to be a ****in' moron if she thinks that I'm at fault for this accident. It's obviously her mother's fault for taking direction from the truck driver. Which the truck driver isn't a damn traffic light. She is supposed to be in control of her vehicle at all times. She gave up her control by listening to the truck driver.

So, I contacted my ins. co. about it and filed a report. Now I just have to wait for the adjuster to call me to get more details of what happened. So...my poor car will be blemished for a little while. :( I just got the damn thing inspected that day too. Grr.

bkey71 06-19-2006 10:25 PM

RE: My Mazda6 has a scab...

That's gotta suck!! It's amazing how many people there are in the world just waiting to take advantage of a situation like this. I'm sure you have the same problem of these lawyers on TV in your area too telling you to call the law offices of "Dewey, Cheatum, and How" if you were in a car accident. [:@][:@][:@]

It's good to hear you are okay despite the bruise on the bumper.:)

87 turbo II 06-20-2006 01:09 AM

Damn, good luck with all of that and if "gums" tries to say she's injured just ask for a dated x-ray. If she says "it's healed now" then she is the one who gave up money cause she doesn't need it anymore. I would say knock her teeth out but apparently someone already did that. Good lkuck with both the case and the car.

AlyssaC 06-22-2006 09:50 PM

Oh yes bkey...we have a lot of those commercials with the lawyers trying to take on cases like this. But it won't work. If she hires a lawyer, I can pretty much gurantee mine is 100x better than hers. Hell, I could probably represent myself and win. ;) The funny thing is, my best friend is one of those people that looks for any reason to sue. She's already gotten a decent sum of money from 3 lawsuits she won. One was from Wal-Mart too.

87_turbo, that's a good idea. About the dated X-ray. I will keep that in mind if I get anything in the mail about this. lol, I don't think anyone knocked her teeth out, I think they FELL out due to either drugs, lack of dentist visits, and/or brushing in general. Or maybe all of the above. So, that shows she doesn't have much money if she wasn't visiting the dentist. Good thing I didn't state my family owns a LARGE chain of grocery stores in this area. Otherwise I'm sure she'd be gung-ho on getting me in court.

TunerFixx, thank you, and yes, the car isn't too bad either. I have to make an appointment to have the estimator...well, do an estimate!

AlyssaC 06-26-2006 09:31 PM

Woo-hoo, the adjuster called today and the police report deemed it as the other ladies fault! My car gets fixed for free, and I get a rental while it's being fixed!

the_gray_mazda6 06-26-2006 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: AlyssaC

Woo-hoo, the adjuster called today and the police report deemed it as the other ladies fault! My car gets fixed for free, and I get a rental while it's being fixed!
i'm glad to see things worked out for you! also glad that you are okay as well as your temporarily hurt mazda! gums and the old lady got what was coming to them... people like that are a disgrace to life. i pitty the fool.... "mr. t"

87 turbo II 06-27-2006 04:02 AM

ORIGINAL: AlyssaC

yay! congrats. Mazda FTW

Island_6 06-28-2006 12:58 AM

I'm so glad they decided it wasn't your fault!!! Us 6 drivers KNOW how to drive...unlike so many other morons out there!!!!! Make sure you go over your car in absolute detail....check out my post in the 6 section for my miserable experience... I hope yours goes much better than mine!!! I'm just glad she has to pay and not you (and her rates go up!)!!!

AlyssaC 07-07-2006 01:25 PM

Island, I posted in your thread a couple times! I have to check again since I haven't read it since you got the car back and it wasn't done right. But yeah...you just reminded me I need to call the adjuster again today! Thanks!
And yes, us Mazda6 drivers rock at handling our vehicles...forget everyone else! That was my 1st accident in my 4 1/2 years of driving. And, figures...it wasn't even my fault!

87 turbo, that Mazda FTW made me crack up! Haha.

gray_mazda...I'm sure gums' neck is 100% better NOW that she can't sue me for anything. Dumb woman!

AlyssaC 07-10-2006 04:09 PM

I've got my appointment this Thursday for an estimate on how much it will take to get my car all fixed up and looking like beautiful again. Wish me luck!