Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   This might be expensive......... (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/might-expensive-29649/)

MazdaTirol 07-08-2012 05:51 PM

This might be expensive.........

Hey all, right now a MASSIVE thunderstorm just finished going over us, a house down the street was nailed by lightning and the hail being dropped was painful. I know that because I was out in it putting blankets on my and my roommates car's windshields an hour ago to keep them from breaking, DAMN did that hurt!!! Anyways I think all our cars except the BMW 7 (which is in the garage with the rear end out) are going to look like golf balls :( :( :( Only will know once daybreak arrives, if there is damage you will get pics.

virgin1 07-09-2012 03:01 PM

WOW!!! Yeah, we get hail like that in Texas sometimes. Insurance will either total the car if not very valuable or repair it if fairly new/expensive. If the damage is not too bad (e.g. the paint surface is not broken,) they can sometimes fix the dents using what's known as "paintless" body repair.
I have a few small spot near the antenna of my car. I tried the dry-ice trick with. If you don't know what that is, the idea is to heat the metal as hot as you can w/o warping it or causing the paint to burn/peel. Then put some dry ice on the hot metal. The idea is that the extreme temp difference will shrink the metal backl to it's original shape. In my case I was able to take out about 50% of the dent(s) so it did work, sort of.

And yes, hail DOES hurt!! If its big enough it can break bones... like your collar bone for example.
Get out of there, Man!!

MazdaTirol 07-09-2012 04:44 PM

Well the car has ONE dent, its a decent one too that I will get a picture of, right now its 11:43PM and were having another big storm. Hagel am 08.07.2012 Wörgl, Tirol - YouTube This is what we had, they got it earlier than us. Woergl is about 30 mins away from me.

UseYourNoggin 07-09-2012 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by MazdaTirol (Post 129984)
Well the car has ONE dent, its a decent one too that I will get a picture of, right now its 11:43PM and were having another big storm. Hagel am 08.07.2012 Wörgl, Tirol - YouTube This is what we had, they got it earlier than us. Woergl is about 30 mins away from me.

I was wondering where all the rain went! :confused: You got it! Golf anyone? Which ones mine! :eek: We haven't had any rain in 2 weeks other than a couple drops. :(
Good luck with dent.

tanprotege 07-10-2012 06:34 PM

...and it supposed to be summer, right?

It really looks like Tiger Woods had a fit!

MazdaTirol 07-11-2012 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tanprotege (Post 130005)
...and it supposed to be summer, right?

It really looks like Tiger Woods had a fit!

Bahahaha, good one :D :D And as promised the picture of the dent, its in a bad spot to pull out too, maybe I just leave it....

virgin1 07-11-2012 08:28 AM

That is a very nice dent ya' got ther', but its hard (for me) to tell from the pic where it is. Is that the deck lid?

MazdaTirol 07-11-2012 09:06 AM

Nah, its the roof support/door seal thingy right above the drivers door just back from the top corner of the windshield, the plastic strip is then further up then the roof.

tanprotege 07-11-2012 04:52 PM

My dad used to say: "The first dent is the best one because you will have it for the longest time!"

If you can't get to it you may have to come up with a scheme to cover it up.