Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Mazda 6speed

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Default Mazda 6speed

I have been thinking about buying a new Mazda6speed what are the ups and downs from those of u all that drive one everyday? I have seen the tour edtion and I really like some of the cool features, but just want to know for someone that drives one regualry and often how they hold up as a new line of the 6's family!

Old 04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Default RE: Mazda 6speed

well I don't drive one but I've heard the from owners at Mazdameets. They say it is a thrill and makes for a great midsized sedan (looks a bit big to me like aFord Fivehundred size or so but I drive a coupe so what do I know?). theey look mean as hell and the only complaint I've heard from is heat sink from the top mounted intercooler much like my car. when wind is passing through the intercooler is fine but if you were, say autocrossing it and you drove it hard then parked it and waited for your next run, the 10 or 20 minutes that it was turned off would have heat rising up to the intercooler and when you did the 2nd run you'd lose 15 to 20 hp untill it was cool again. (a good remedy for track days such as this would be open the hood and put a sealed bag of ice on the intercooler (maybe a rag too so the intercooler fins don't puncture the bag (water is not bad but water plus heat is). Now I;ve rambled too much about one problem but that is all I can think of that would be wrong for the Spee6. Other than that i'd say go for it Mazdaspeed makes some of the meanest best cars out there.