Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   Google chrome internet browser (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/google-chrome-internet-browser-29971/)

UseYourNoggin 09-04-2012 08:21 AM

Google chrome internet browser

3 Attachment(s)
This is my experience with Google Chrome as my internet browser. I have Windows "XP" on my laptop. I DJ part-time and the company I work for has supplied me with an extra e-mail account for DJ'ing. It was working for a while, but not at all 2 weeks ago with my previous browser Internet Explorer. Last week, i also tried to purchase a song on-line and it did not work anymore. I tried to make the sites "Trusted" and allow cookies, but that did not help. I decide to take my computer to the guru at my DJ place. He updated the latest version of Adobe Flash Player for me (I thought it was the latest, to my dismay). We tried to access my DJ e-mail and it still did not work. He then changed my Internet Explorer Browser to Google Chrome. Now it works! I was also able to buy that song on-line for this week's coming wedding. Now I have access to everything. With "XP", i probably have limited access to an earlier version of Internet Explorer (which may have caused these problems). I also notice Google Chrome is a bit quicker. We were also able to transfer all my favorite links from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome with the click of a button in the settings. I still have access to Internet Explorer as well, but it is secondary. So far so good with Google Chrome as my Internet Browser.

MazdaTirol 09-04-2012 11:13 AM

Good idea to keep IE as a backup, there are some pages that Chrome just does not like but run fine in IE.

UseYourNoggin 09-04-2012 12:40 PM

I just checked that i have Internet Explorer "8" as my back-up.
Back-up plans are always good. I have all my music on a separate hard-drive as well.

virgin1 09-04-2012 02:59 PM

I use both browsers too and prefer Chrome. It seems to suck up much less ROM than Chrome does. Since my laptop is really a netbook, using IE, 9 in my case, usually means I have to reboot shortly after closing down IE. It doesn't seem to go away completely when closed out and still takes away memory.
Chrome has been grest for me in all circumstances.

virgin1 09-05-2012 10:00 AM

Yes, I meant IE 9 seems to take and hold more memory, even with no active add-ons (Google, Bing, etc) and after shut down.
It's the worst version of IE I think I've ever used.

UseYourNoggin 10-05-2012 07:08 PM

UPDATE: after having it for a month, it has slowed down and doesn't load as fast any more. Probably due to the stricter settings i used for blocking certain sites and cookies.
It works great for watching live TV streams as i can have access to latest Adobe updates with it.

Problem with opening some emails: left clicking to open emails sometimes yields no response. I have to open other ones first and then go back to the one that didn't open, and it finally will open.

UseYourNoggin 04-12-2013 09:00 AM

I have had a new computer for a couple of months now. It came with Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10. Internet Explorer 10 is the worst version yet. It all of a sudden stops working, then it does come back. This morning I was 90% done making a post then it F__cked up on me and told me I wasn't signed in (when i could see my name there). I re-signed in to MazdaForum and lost my post.
Recently i have been using Google Chrome and never had an issue. But yesterday a bunch of Windows updates were loaded and i'd though i would try Internet Explorer again-----obviously that was a bad decision. It's a shame i can't even be on web for a short time without Internet Explorer F__cking up.
++++ for Google Chrome!

virgin1 04-15-2013 03:51 PM

do ya' get the feeling you are stuck in the middle of a war (over money) that you didn't ask for?
I know I do.