Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   This was a funny cartoon (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/funny-cartoon-14337/)

mazdachris 05-08-2008 08:01 PM

This was a funny cartoon

Was in the local paper.

Reads like this:

Gas.

0.75 a litre = Hey, look at me in my new suv.
0.95 a litre = I don't care. Did you see my new suv.
1.05 a litre = I am not selling my suv!
1.25 a litre = Maybe I should sell my suv?
1.50 a litre = Why won't anyone buy my *)(* suv?

What makes this cartoon funny is that it came out a year ago, when gas was under a buck.
What a prediction.

mikes_mazda 05-09-2008 08:43 AM

RE: This was a funny cartoon

Just paid $3.85 a gallon here in the states last night :( Hopefully someone in our wonderful government gets of their ass and fixes things.

icspots 05-09-2008 08:50 AM

As much as I dislike high fuel prices we in the US still pay less than many other countries. I'm hoping that the increased prices will modifiy some people's driving habits..... I mean mom doesn't need an extended suburban to transport two kids to the grocery store and back. What the hell ever happened to the station wagon?

VB 05-09-2008 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: icspots

As much as I dislike high fuel prices we in the US still pay less than many other countries. I'm hoping that the increased prices will modifiy some people's driving habits..... I mean mom doesn't need an extended suburban to transport two kids to the grocery store and back. What the hell ever happened to the station wagon?
Most people don't think they're cool...which they're usually not. Unless it's an old LeSabre wagon with a Chevy BB... :D

The solution? The hatchback. Hatchbacks are awesome. :)

mazdachris 05-12-2008 05:52 PM

Dodge Magnum looks pretty mean. We have a wagon. It's a Suzuki Esteem Wagon with a 1.8. Excellent gas milage and works awsome. Cool, however, it is not.

We here in Ontario like to live in one city and work in two or three cities over. So, 60 or 70 miles from where we live. That attitude will have to change.

SPeeDy3 05-15-2008 10:39 AM

i kno we're one of the countries that has the cheapest gas.. but y do the prices have to skyrocket so quickly? the dollar value is goin down and the gas prices r goin up.. PLEASE LET 2008 END AND SHAVE THE BUSH OUT!

Vroom_Vroom84 05-16-2008 12:24 PM

Not much you can do about the gas prices. Supplies are decreasing, so prices are increasing. I'm sure in 50 years they'll be talking about how gas is running out soon...on top of how it will be about $50 a gallon.

mazdachris 05-22-2008 06:03 PM

Hopefully in the next ten years, we won't need their fu*(in gas.