Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   ever had a dumb ass moment? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/ever-had-dumb-ass-moment-24934/)

lnwlf 11-22-2010 11:24 AM

ever had a dumb ass moment?

don't lie... we all have them. i recall several years ago coming home from running errands and noticing slight grooves on the brake rotors... so i proceeded to run my finger over the rotor to see how bad they were... end result... very bad blistered finger. could do nothing else but call myself a complete dumb ass and be glad nobody saw me do it lol

PirateARRRX8 11-22-2010 01:27 PM

LMAO i did the same thing!! it was my first car when i was 16, but i definitely learned that lesson quick! ouch :(

lnwlf 11-22-2010 02:44 PM

ya well i can understand 16... i was 30!!! damn... i really feel like a dumb ass now!!! lol

virgin1 11-23-2010 03:31 AM

My day is just not complete unless I do at least one dumb-ass thing. :D :D :D

I no longer remember the reason why, but years ago I "grabbed" the hot tailpipe of my Civic for some dumb-ass reason.

rockoe 11-23-2010 08:49 AM

yall can do better than that

heres one
had a 88 aerostar that wouldnt start,no clik but lights and everything worked,12 volts so figured it was starter or relay.earlier i had the car in drive with the parking brake on checking something,this van you could move the gear shift with the key out,FROM FORD!!very dangerous.any who,after buying starter relay, taking the starter out and testing it at autozone (NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS STARTER)go home and while putting the starter back in, i happen to LOOK at the transmission and thought YOU BUMBASS,ITS IN GEAR!! put the starter in ,put it in park and VAAROOOOOM.that was a waste of about 3 or 4 hours.

lnwlf 11-23-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by rockoe (Post 113636)
heres one
had a 88 aerostar that wouldnt start,no clik but lights and everything worked,12 volts so figured it was starter or relay.earlier i had the car in drive with the parking brake on checking something,this van you could move the gear shift with the key out,FROM FORD!!very dangerous.any who,after buying starter relay, taking the starter out and testing it at autozone (NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS STARTER)go home and while putting the starter back in, i happen to LOOK at the transmission and thought YOU BUMBASS,ITS IN GEAR!! put the starter in ,put it in park and VAAROOOOOM.that was a waste of about 3 or 4 hours.

that's classic!! have done similar but figured it out before yanking anything off

apbbnbanb_07 11-23-2010 11:10 AM

I've done the brake rotor thing, I've also have done the whole "car is in park and won't start" back in high school and called my dad home from work only to have him call me a dumbass.
Most of my dumbass things happen when it's cold out, and parts are brittle as it is, and I end up breaking something at 11pm and nothings open to get a replacement.

But like Virg said, my life would not be complete with out one dumbass thing a day.

Tracker 11-24-2010 01:03 PM

i bought an 2.0 automatic 1st gen car

VB 11-24-2010 01:15 PM

I've got you all beat.

...I own a Malibu. LOL I kid. First time I changed my own oil, I didn't let the car sit long enough. When I crawled underneath and loosened the plug, I was also in the spot that the spout aimed at. So, yeah, you guessed it...HOT oil all over my forearm. Dumb. Ass.

rockoe 11-27-2010 11:21 AM

forgot this one

sold my 69 camaro in 1986 for 2500.:( but was headiing off to college and in those days,kids had to pay for their own college:confused: if i had it today, in same condition,im sure i could add a zero to the end of that.whens mazda gona make a car that runs on a flux capacator and goes 88 mph?:D

donofwon 11-28-2010 11:43 AM

Just one I remember from not too long ago.
I went out to start my old Snapper lawn mower and the battery was dead.
I pulled the rope and the thing took off. I had left it in gear.
The back of the house stopped it with no damage to either.
My neighbor was watching laughing his ass off.

virgin1 11-28-2010 12:35 PM

This is the reason they feel it necessary to include all the PITA safety features on all new mowers.
But there is one missing: About a year ago my neighbor was clearing out a stick or some debris from under his riding mower... it was still running at the time.
Fortunately his finger tip grew back with almost no deformity.

Tracker 11-28-2010 03:18 PM

rich were asking for dumb ass moments, not "shouldnt be allowed to walk outside without a guardian because im a moron moment", im sure the guy is nice person but i probably wouldnt drive while hes driving. sorry if it sounds a little harsh but as soon as i read that i thought of the guy who picked up his lawn mower to cut his hedges.

virgin1 11-28-2010 03:34 PM

Keith is a VERY nice guy and my best neighbor EVER. But I have to admit, that was one of the dumbest things I had ever heard of doing. I DO question his judgment sometimes.

lnwlf 11-29-2010 09:32 AM

well had another one sunday... upgrading speakers in the vagon... took the panels offf, removed the factory speakers, installed the new speakers, put the panels back on, and guess what? no sound at all. so off come the panels again and found out that i never even hooked up the speakers. even i no better to check before closing everything up, well just not yesterday

virgin1 11-29-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Inwlf
Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

You sure you wanna stick with that sig, Buddy? LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

lnwlf 11-29-2010 04:41 PM

i guess i earned that one... lol

virgin1 11-29-2010 06:31 PM

No worries, Man. We're all human which in the end makes us all morons and all dead.

lnwlf 11-30-2010 06:03 PM

nothin but a thing... at least i can laugh about it