New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Rx7 fd value in couple of years.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 12:22 PM
Default Rx7 fd value in couple of years.

Hi guys!
I have one question for you! What do you think is gonna happen to the value of this cars? Not the special editions. Just a regular fd with some small modifications.

Do you think that it would go up in price because of how rare and wonderful it is? And that it is a jdm legend?

Or would it go down in price because of the lack of spare parts and that it gonna be less of this cars?

Here in Sweden you find a "OK" one for about a 11-14k USD.

What you'll think?
(sorry for my bad language)

Old 11-14-2018, 02:39 PM

Too many factors to make an educated guess.

There have been a lot of RX-7s on Bring a Trailer recently with prices all over the map ranging from just over $15,000 to just under $50,000.

https://bringatrailer.com/mazda/rx-7-fd/

The future price of cars is hard to guess with the trend from cars (and sports cars in particular) to SUVs and Trucks. People collect what they owned or wanted to own when they were young. I suspect the appreciation for classic sports cars may suffer in the future.

The RX-7 has additional unique factors due to the limited availability of parts and mechanics that know how to service them. Will it's uniqueness add to or subtract from its value is the big question.

I also question the collectability of a manual transmission. How many people will know how to drive a manual in 10 years and how many will be willing to learn.

Bottom line. Buy an RX-7 for what it is and enjoy it. If it goes up in value - great. If it does not, you enjoyed it while you had it.

Few cars are good long term investments and it is hard to predict which ones will be the best in advance. Seldom the appreciation exceed the cost of storing a car for years.

Just my thoughts.