New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Mazda Extended Confidence warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 08:13 PM
Default Mazda Extended Confidence warranty

Hello, im helping my friend buy a used cx-5. And we want the extended warranty, specifiaclly Mazda Extended Confidence
has anyone bought this and know the details like how many years it covers and what it costs and most importantly what is not covered? I've looked everywhere mazda does not have the terms of service online. Thanks.

Old 04-29-2018, 01:07 PM

I am not a fan of extended warranties and cannot speak to the "Mazda Extended Confidence" warranty. I will say that after owning 5 Mazdas, I would think that a good inspection from a mechanic would be worth more than an extended warranty. Mazdas are reliable cars and I would be shocked if the cost of maintenance is more than half of the cost of the warranty over the first five years. I would also bet that the things that your friend will need to pay for would not be covered by the warranty (tires, brakes, oil changes and other routine stuff).

Old 04-30-2018, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by kage65
Hello, im helping my friend buy a used cx-5. And we want the extended warranty, specifiaclly Mazda Extended Confidence
has anyone bought this and know the details like how many years it covers and what it costs and most importantly what is not covered? I've looked everywhere mazda does not have the terms of service online. Thanks.
The extended confidence is typically 6 years / 60,000 miles whichever comes first and as far as I know is bumper-to-bumper, so besides mechanical breakdown, it covers all the electronics/sensors etc. as well. It might be a good option if you plan to keep the car for a while. But double-check all coverage before committing to anything.