Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/)
-   -   Just got a 2010 Speed3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/new-member-area-5/just-got-2010-speed3-19936/)

Monster 08-23-2009 10:04 PM

Just got a 2010 Speed3

1 Attachment(s)
Just picked up a 2010 Mazda Speed 3 last night and just love the car.
Attachment 6175

motec 08-24-2009 01:37 AM

don't like 2010 design

many old mazda speedi3 holder don't like 2010 mazda3 and speedi3. i don't know why... they just tell because of vroom vroom thing? i dont really know... a junior member nandy already posted 2010... but not positive reply.... and i really hate the design too....

motec 08-24-2009 01:46 AM

2oo8 speedi

2 Attachment(s)
check my 2008 model speedi3...

jaimie08mazda3 08-25-2009 09:29 PM

I do not like it I do not like it sam I am. LOL. But i dont like the body style of the new ones.. yea im biased cuz i own a 2008 model.

FFEMT6 08-25-2009 11:45 PM

Awesome

Originally Posted by Monster (Post 97205)
Just picked up a 2010 Mazda Speed 3 last night and just love the car.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/mazda071.jpg

Monster,

I for one think that is an awesome car. Of course I am also one of the few that like the design of the 2G 6. I happened to be in the neighborhood of my local Mazda dealer the other night, and saw your exact car (nice color combo by the way). I have to say with the 18"s, larger rear spoiler, and enhanced front clip that is a very aggressive and good looking car. I also think after seeing it in person (pictures truly don't do the Mazdaspeed 3 justice) that the fender flares integrate better with the Mazdaspeed package. Again, congratulations on your new ride, and enjoy it.

vlstellato 08-26-2009 05:34 AM

What was Mazda thinking when it designed the front bumper of the 2010 model. It's kinda hard on the eyes! UGLY.

RYOKOLOCO™ 08-26-2009 05:40 AM

wow, i really like it!! I normally don't like wagons...or whatever they're called, but I have to say this one looks really nice! I just wish mazda didn't use the cheap plastic looking things all over the car....:(

Monster 08-26-2009 09:03 PM

i never really like the wagons either till i saw this one it grew on me

RYOKOLOCO™ 08-26-2009 09:07 PM

Right on :)

virgin1 08-29-2009 02:52 PM

Congrats on the new ride, Monster, and welcome to the site too!!

Like most, it is going to take me a while to get used to that smile. Certainly the worst feature of the car. Even the journalists are poking fun at that. Since early in this century, the front badge has been growing and growing too. Now it appears that it is fully integrated into the front facade so if you'd want it removed, it would take some fancy bodywork to do it. :(

On the good side, I never warmed up to the 1st gens wheels. Too much, too flat, not delicate and not revealing of the rotors and calipers that were hidden beneath them. From my experience, if you look to past Mazdas, they have hardly ever gotten alloy wheels right. There are only a handful I can think of that I would consider if I were buying them AM instead of OE, starting with the Racing Harts on the MSP, the 5-spokers on the 1st gen Mazda3 (like mine,) the twisted spokers on the Mazda6, etc....
These are NICE!!! I like these allot!
The sides of the car are more swoopy than the 1st gens and I like that too.
I'm not wild about the rear end treatment (taillights, etc) but could live with it... maybe even get to like it more.
The journalists claim that it's the same MS3 only a little better tweaked than before, so the software is better controlled and suspension/handling has improved somewhat. An evolution and a good one, I'd say.

(edit) Oh and I almost forgot:
A functional hood scoop for the TMIC.
No more side molding to just remove either.
They finally (FINALLY) got rid of the fender mounted turn signal repeaters and put them on the front of the mirror housing.
The car now has a front lip, conservative as it is.
Round Foglights FTW!!!!

But that SMILE!!!!! :D :D :D