New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Howdy

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 09:54 AM
Default Howdy

I just traded in my 15 year old Mazda Tribute and bought a 2018 Mazda6 Touring trim. Considered the Grand Touring and the Grand Touring Reserve, but in the end, I went for the Touring and its smaller engine/better gas mileage. The main options I missed out on were the upgrade Bose speaker system, the Turbo engine and on the Reserve, the ventilated seats. I have kids so I think the Leatherette is better for cleaning in the long run.

The dealer tried to talk me into buying a very expensive protection package that included a laundry list of things they would apply to the car. I decided against it but would like to find out what others have added themselves.

What methods are best to protect the leatherette surfaces?

What about using the higher octane fuel? Does it make any difference on the non-turbo Mazda engines?

Anyone add window tinting and have any advice? I live in Texas, so anything I can do to help reduce the interior temperature is welcomed.

I love Mazda. Started with a GLC, then Protege, then Miata, then Tribute and now the 6.

Thanks again!

Chris

Old 09-18-2018, 12:25 PM

I have a 2015 Mazda3 2.5 Touring with 75,000 miles. Mine has the leatherette seats as well. I am extremely happy with the vinyl seats. There is no sign of wear at this point. The car looks brand new. I use whatever standard interior cleaner and protection is on sale. I am looking for a matte finish protectant but I have not looked too hard. The vinyl holds up much better than leather in my opinion.

I would avoid any extra cost warranty. It is not worth it for a Mazda. They don't need much beyond routine maintenance. There are a few other brands that may make sense to buy the extended warranty but there, my question is why not buy a more reliable car!

There is no benefit to using higher octane fuel than that recommended by the manufacturer.

Congratulations on your new Mazda6.