New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey guys

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 10:22 PM
Default Hey guys

Hey guys , new member here. I purchased a Mazda protege5 about 3 months ago and its my daily commuter to work now. I have a few issues i need to work though, and was hoping to get some help and advice from you folks. I posted a thread related to my e brake a couple months back and didn't get a single reply, i dont know if i posted it where i shouldnt have or maybe there is a lack of members on here? My two main issues are related to balljoints and the e brake. When i do a advanced search nothing comes up, what am i doing wrong?. Ive used the ford enthusiast webpage and rebuild my whole truck with the help of those guys. Can someone please point me in the right direction so i can start to use this site for my car?
CHEERS!

Old 01-10-2018, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

What's wrong with you E Brake? & What's wrong with your ball joints?

Old 01-12-2018, 08:06 AM

dthut,

Congratulations on your Protege5 purchase. I loved the look of the P5 since the day they came out. I test drove one and was surprised how well it handled. I hope it is a great car for you. I have owned 3 Mazdas in the past and currently own 1 1/2. Today is the first day on this forum, yet I have been active in a MINI forum for the 2 months since I bought it. My Mazdas have been trouble free. Repairs have been straight forward and uneventful. The comments on the MINI forum include statements like "the amount you pay for a MINI is only a down payment". I think the lack of activity on this forum is a credit to the quality of Mazdas. With a MINI, there is a lot to talk about. With Mazdas, we tend to do more driving than talking.

Unfortunately, I cannot address your e brake or balljoint issues. I am not a mechanic and have not had problems with either.

Old 01-13-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
What's wrong with you E Brake? & What's wrong with your ball joints?
And it’s you again on this post as well, I didnt realize that at first or I would have covered both issues in one post. hopefully you can help me with both issues.My ball joint are worn out, good shakes around 90km and worse when braking. I’ve had a look under there and read a few things online. Sounds like the ball joints are all in one with the control arm. So I’m just looking for any advice you think might come in handy on that job. Any special tools I might need to pick up. Or is it a fairly straight forward job. Any points would be so helpful. Thanks again man

Old 01-14-2018, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

R & R the complete lower arm.