New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 07:01 AM
Default Hello :)

I don't own a Mazda currently, but am looking to purchase a Mazda3 (2014-2016) for my next vehicle when renewal comes. In spirit of this, I'm wanting to do thorough research so I know what I'm buying when the time comes. Been looking at the hatchback variant specifically at Sport Nav trim level. I currently drive a 2015 Clio and so far, fuel economy has been incredible on my 85-90 mile commute each day (varies). Will be doing around 22k a year, and so a cam-chain is a must and the 2.2 diesel is the engine of choice for the Mazda I buy.

Looking to use the time to find out mods and tips about the car so I can plan well ahead lol.

Anyway -- Hello!

Old 02-21-2019, 09:24 AM

Living in the US, I can't give much advice regarding the diesel options. Beyond that, Mazdas are great handling cars that make the daily commute a heck of a lot more enjoyable than the other options in the price range. In my opinion, the handling is close to that of a BMW at half the price and the reliability is on par with the best Japanese brands. My commute is about the same as yours, and I have not had any problems with my 2015 3 2.5 Touring. I get about 30 miles per gallon, however at less than $3.00 per gallon in the US, I have no complaint.

Not a whole lot of modifying options available. The engines are so well engineered that the benefits of modifications are limited. There is nowhere near the mod options of say a MINI, however, in my opinion, the need is not there either.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:56 PM

Thank you, that was very helpful .

Yeah fuels not cheap here so diesel I go lol. Looking forward to owning one .

Old 02-23-2019, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Vercosys
I don't own a Mazda currently, but am looking to purchase a Mazda3 (2014-2016) for my next vehicle when renewal comes. In spirit of this, I'm wanting to do thorough research so I know what I'm buying when the time comes. Been looking at the hatchback variant specifically at Sport Nav trim level. I currently drive a 2015 Clio and so far, fuel economy has been incredible on my 85-90 mile commute each day (varies). Will be doing around 22k a year, and so a cam-chain is a must and the 2.2 diesel is the engine of choice for the Mazda I buy.

Looking to use the time to find out mods and tips about the car so I can plan well ahead lol.

Anyway -- Hello!
You won't be disappointed, Mazda 3's are great. We owned a 2005 Mazda 3 in the past and it was a blast to drive. Come forward to 2014-2016, it's even better.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:04 AM
Super Moderator

If you are doing lots of highway driving then go for the diesel. If not leave the diesel alone.

Depending on difference of fuel costs, the petrol gets very good mileage.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:47 AM

Thanks guys

I will be doing around 22k+ a year and so the diesel looks very good.

Are there any known faults for the 2.2 block?