Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   Is it worth the switch from the M6 to a MPS (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/worth-switch-m6-mps-1322/)

sfg4484c 10-10-2005 01:41 AM

Is it worth the switch from the M6 to a MPS

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum, but I kinda impressed with the gumption and grit you guys have anything to do with cars.

I am still a proud owner of my 04-M6 but lately read the specification of this upgraded MPS with quite a monster of engine-6-speed turbocharged that is. What's more-with the car price still battled to go down further, is it worth the switch?

Any advice would be worthy of my serious consideration...thanks!

mazda guy 10-19-2005 03:15 AM

RE: Is it worth the switch from the M6 to a MPS

well. I havent driven it. But a stock Mazda 6 goes 0-60 in 7.5-8.0 seconds. A Mazdaspeed 6 goes 0-60 in 6.0 seconds. It just gives you a little more speed, but it does cost a few extra grand. It does eat more gas as well. But if you want some speed, get it.

pellajl 03-16-2006 12:21 AM

Yes, from my perspective it is well worth the switch if you can afford it.

I have purchased one recently and the performance is far better than the difference between the two 0-100kph figures suggest. The difference between the standard 6 and 6 MPS is like chalk and cheese.

Major differnce are turbo charger with intercooler, suspension, AWD.

There are a few negatives.... First is that it is 250kg heavier, the engine doesn't seem to mind it though. Second, you can only get it in a sedan. Hatchback not available. Third, you cannot get a factory towbar in Australia - not that I want to tow anything heavy, maybe just a bike rack.

Apart from Mazda Australia's inability to deliver the high spec alarm, I am very happy with the car, it's engineering and finish.

Happy motoring

Regards

Metric 03-16-2006 10:40 AM

And its stick shift only?

pellajl 03-21-2006 02:27 AM

Yep, 6 speed manual only - but why would you want an auto?

Metric 03-21-2006 11:05 AM

I drove manual for 10yrs but with the other hand - auto is easier :)

kreemarie 03-24-2006 08:32 PM

auto may be easier, but manual is so much more fun! As for the m6 or 6speed, I would have loved to get a speed, but couldnt afford it. So if you can, I would definitely go with that.

Metric 03-24-2006 09:28 PM

Umm, not for me.

MrSpike118 03-28-2006 03:49 PM

dude. I would def. def. go with the Speed6. If I had the money Id go with it. just the AWD alone would make me want to get it. But turbocharged, intercooled. 6-speed manual. Thats insaine. I hopefully want to sell my m6 in a few years and jump up to the speed 6. Good luck with your deciding.

MSpeed Medic 05-12-2006 04:01 AM

I test drove a loaded 06 Mazda 6 V6 sport shift auto and then tried the MS6. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.....that car(MS6) pulls unbelievably fast yet smooth. I wasn't even in the market for a new car but I now own the MS6 GT. I love it!!