Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Mazda 3 or Mazda 6 ?????????????

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Default Mazda 3 or Mazda 6 ?????????????

I'm interested in purchasing a mazda but don't know what one..Mazda 3 or Mazda 6

Old 06-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Default RE: Mazda 3 or Mazda 6 ?????????????

depends on a few factors. How much you want to spend. Do you want brand new or used. Do you need a lot of space. Used I would go with a 6 because they depreciate more so you can get good value for a one or two year old one. The 3 I would only go new, because they do stupid money used, so you won't save a signifigant amount of money by buying used

Old 06-15-2006, 04:40 PM

What are the differences between the two? What engines are in eachother meaning that I heard one of them have ford engine in it, is this true?

Old 06-15-2006, 04:45 PM

your post in the new member section has been deleted. Please avoid double posts. Thank you.

Old 06-15-2006, 05:45 PM

ORIGINAL: joeys

What are the differences between the two? What engines are in eachother meaning that I heard one of them have ford engine in it, is this true?
mazda is partially owned by Ford. this does not mean that for had taken over the mazda line, but rather invested in it to attempt to make a profit out of the company. mazda is currently trying to be a loner from Ford as their marketing/selling has increased tremendously over the last couple of years. Mazda is virtually financially stable and can now afford to be a Mazda Corportation again.

Old 06-15-2006, 06:55 PM

the 3 is available with two different mazda developed 4 cylinder engines. A 2.0L in the 3i sedan that gets the best fuel economy. 150hp (144 in cal emissions states, CA, MA, NY NJ ME) or a 2.3L in the 3s sedan and 5door hatch. That makes 160hp (153hp in cal emmisions trim) It comes with a 5 speed manual or 4speed sport AT(means you can shift it manually) in the i model and 5speed sport AT in the S model. 4 wheel disc brakes ABS available but not standard on the i. 15" steel wheels or 16" alloys on the i, 16" or 17" alloy on the s, and 17" only on the 5door. elink independent rear suspension and macphearson struts up front.

The 6 comes in i and s models. The i has the 2.3L from the 3 making the same horsepower #s with the same tranny options. The s has a ford derived 3.0L 24valve V6 making 220hp (215 on 06 models in cal emmisions states) The difference between this motor and its ford cousins is electronic throttle and VVT...plus the heads and valvetrain are all mazda developed. Uses the same Elink rear suspension. Double wishbone up front. Most all models have 17" alloys. All have 4wheel disc ABS brakes and all speed traction control.

The 6 is available in sedan, 5door and wagon models. The 5 door looks almost the same as the sedan except for a different slope on the rear window and a rear wiper. 22 cubic feet in the trunk of the 5door vs 15 in the sedan. 58.6 cubic feet with the 5door seats folded down.

All V6 mazda 6's 05 and newer have a 6speed auto instead of a 5 speed.

I could go on and on and on

any other specific questions?

Old 07-08-2006, 12:09 AM

I was originally going to buy a new 3, but got a 6 as a loaner while my car was in the shop. Once I drove a 6 I couldn't go back to a 3! The 6 ride vs. 3 was like night and day. I got an 05 6i (22k miles) for a bit less than a new 3 and am VERY happy with my decision!

TEST DRIVE the two -- then YOU decide! ;-)

Old 07-08-2006, 03:19 AM

The 3 is a sportier more nimble ride than the 6 (not that the 6 is a slouch in the handling department) the 6 is a more comfortable vehicle.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:43 PM

it all depends on what type of car you like.

test drive both the 3 and the 6 right after each other so you can get a good feel for the difference between the two. make sure to test the handling on some tight turns, accel, and stuff like that in the same situation in both cars. you will find the 6 to be roomier but the 3 has more of a sportier feel and really makes you wanna go zoom-zoom.

Old 03-06-2007, 02:45 PM

i was actually thinking of this same topic when searching. ok here is my deal. i have a '05 mazda 6i 2.3L sedan 4 speed auto trans. Only the base model but still fun car andi love it.i just purchased it with only 22k miles. anyhow, i had to take my car in because it was leaking freon and power steering fluid [:@]go figure, semi brand new car and i had to take it in, but of course thats a whole new post on its own. good thing its covered under warranty. so as i was saying, i purposely asked for the mazda3 as my rental car to see what was different in terms of driving.

i agree, i bit more of a sportier feel. it was the '06 2.3L 5 speed auto trans5-door (almost looks like a wagon). some of the things that i kinda didn't like aboutmy 6(dont know if its just my car) but it was the turning radius. i used to drive a honda and right off the bat, i can tell that theturning radius on the 6 is pretty bad compared to it. does anyone experiance the same thing??? well the 3 has better turning radius than the 6 and what also mad me kinda mad is the 3 seemed faster! [:'(] call me crazy but arent they the same engine??? why does the 3 seem so much faster off the line.my 6 seems a little sluggish compared the 3.

some differences i noticed right off the bat
1. 5speed auto vs 4speed auto (dont know if its because my 6 is a 2005 and the 3 is a 2006)
2. turning raidus on the 3 much sharper than the 6
3. acceleration seemed faster too. not much lag off the line compared to the 6.

say it isnt so fella's but is the right? is the 3 better than the 6???