Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   radio "beep" when using steering wheel controls (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/radio-%22beep%22-when-using-steering-wheel-controls-6169/)

EZ99B5 01-01-2007 06:56 PM

radio "beep" when using steering wheel controls

Just purchased an 04 wagon and I find the "beep" when using the steering-wheel stereo controls pretty annoying. I did a search and checked the manual but didn't come up with a way to turn it off. Is there a setting somewhere to disable the beep? Thanks in advance.

davidteachey 01-02-2007 11:52 AM

RE: radio "beep" when using steering wheel controls

EZ,

I have the same car you do, and have yetto findway to disable that beep. It's not addressed in the owner's manual or the quick reference guide. I suspect that the reason it beeps is, since your hands are almost always on the wheel, you may be prone to accidentally changing the volume. The beep is probably there to let you know that you'vedone so, in case it was inadvertent. I still wish I could cancel out the beep, though. Good luck,

David

EZ99B5 01-02-2007 04:09 PM

Good news David - found this info on another forum and my beep is now gone..

1. Key in ignition, radio Off.
2. Press and hold the Seek > Down button.
3. While still holding it down, hold down the #5 button until it beeps.
4. Bye-bye beep.

davidteachey 01-03-2007 04:52 PM

Brilliant! Absolutely fabulous! Thanks much,

David

davidteachey 01-04-2007 12:07 AM

EZ,

I came home and tried it, but no luck. How long did you have to hold the Seek>Down button and the #5 button until you got the "beep" signaling disablement? Was it a long time? With the key in the ignition, was your car running, or not?

David

EZ99B5 01-04-2007 12:16 PM

Car wasn't running - just had the key in the ignition. I held down the "down" portion of the seek button (bottom of the knob) for a few seconds and then while still holding it down you also press and hold the #5 button. After having #5 held down for maybe 2-3 seconds the radio beeped, and then your done.

davidteachey 01-04-2007 01:13 PM

Hmmmmm...that's exactly how I did it, with no results. Oh well...not a tragedy. Thanks anyway!

David

davidteachey 01-04-2007 01:14 PM

Hmmmmm...that's exactly how I did it, with no results. Oh well...not a tragedy. Thanks anyway!

David

JoGumby 01-04-2007 02:23 PM

Find your Audio controls button for stereo..scroll thru bass treb fade Until you find "BEEP" select "OFF"
VIOLA :)

davidteachey 01-04-2007 04:39 PM

JoGumby,

That's the very first thing that I tried, but I don't have "beep" in that menu...I've got bass, treble, fader, balance, and (I forget the acronym) that function that raises the volume as you speed up and lowers it as you slow down.......then it cycles back to bass...........am I missing something?!?!

David