Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   Mazda 6s speed governor removed.... Finally!!! (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/mazda-6s-speed-governor-removed-finally-18903/)

memoret 06-03-2009 02:46 PM

Mazda 6s speed governor removed.... Finally!!!

2 Attachment(s)
Hello,

To everybody out there who is trying to go above 120 miles with their Mazda 6 (US version) .... HERE IT IS.

I just got back from another test (the third one) and we went over 120.

I will post more sharper pictures soon.

The car is stock, no modifications made, the guys who managed to do it just worked on the computer of the car a little bit.

CKeffer 06-04-2009 01:32 PM

I'll need more details about what they did before i believe it. But if this is true, then it's good news for those that track their 6.

-Cameron Keffer

memoret 06-04-2009 04:47 PM

this is more proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkyMK7qg0m0

as soon as I get more info from the guys that did this to my car i will share the information.

CKeffer 06-04-2009 05:43 PM

Interresting, I look forward to hearing about how this was accomplished.

-Cameron Keffer

Mazmart Trini 06-05-2009 06:36 AM

Wow. Subscribed to this thread.

memoret 06-05-2009 04:58 PM

Hey guys, we have a long holiday here including Monday so we talk starting tuesday when I go back to the tuning shop where I made the ECU upgrade.

CKeffer 06-06-2009 10:55 AM

A DIY or analysis of how they accomplished this would definitely be apreciated.

-Cameron Keffer

darksideofmazda 06-08-2009 04:11 PM

Seriously though...

I work @ Mazda and relayed this to some of our more "corrupt" mechanics and all of them said this process was "impossible" without buying a "tuneable ECU".
Please, do tell how this is being done as I would be overwhelmed to prove them wrong (for once).

CKeffer 06-08-2009 06:51 PM

That has always been my impression as well, which is why I'm interested to see how this was accomplished.

-Cameron Keffer

darksideofmazda 06-09-2009 06:24 AM

+100 keffer

So now the real question is...will they ever respond with the answers????
My guess-no

virgin1 06-09-2009 08:00 AM

Well, it seems real enough though I could not justify his IP address.
Daniel, how is it you have a US spec model in Romania? Are miles/hour, US gals, etc the standard there?

memoret 06-09-2009 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1 (Post 93116)
Well, it seems real enough though I could not justify his IP address.
Daniel, how is it you have a US spec model in Romania? Are miles/hour, US gals, etc the standard there?

I have a US spec Mazda 6 in RO because I bought it from US and imported it here in RO 3 years ago.
I lived in NY a couple of years and I know a lot about those things. Exporting a car from US is much more easier than Importing it here and paying all the taxes and going with it through DMV etc. But it is duable so it is just a formality for me.

My father has a Lexus ES330 (2005) wich is not available for Europe. I also have an Infiniti G35 coupe. My wife has a Acura RDX.

American cars (most of them japanese made for US market) are very popular here, and not so rare as you might think. Eastern Europe and Russia imported in the last couple of years a lot of cars from US.

It is just a matter of being different than the others...

Since I don't know much about the tunning bussiness and much info I can't give you I went to the company that did it and asked them to join the forum and talk to you guys about this.

There is a much bigger thread about this on another mazda forum and if I'm allowed I can post a link with it so you might see that a lot of people don't believe that it was done here in RO and it is possible but still .... IT IS REAL.

CKeffer 06-09-2009 07:44 PM

most of us are sceptical due to there having been several threads to similar effect over the years, but when any of us has looked into this we have been unable to repeat the result or they have not responded at all. It's not so much that we don't believe you, it's more that we have been taken for rides before and are just a touch sceptical. I would really love to hear about how they accomplished this though.

-Cameron Keffer