Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

iPhone -> aux -> car stereo oddity

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Default iPhone -> aux -> car stereo oddity

An odd audio problem has arisen. I am losing a portion of the audio played through the stereo of my 2006 Mazda 6.

The standard stereo has no Bluetooth or AirPlay or similar wireless capability. It does have an auxiliary port. The port is intended for use with a CD-changer. I bought a super-cheap auxiliary cable online. I plugged one end into the auxiliary port. The other end is a 3.5 mm plug that fits into earphone ports, such as that of the iPhone. The set-up worked well for a few months.

Now, though, the set-up turns down the volume of any vocals in music played from an iPhone. The instrumental portions of such music remain at a satisfactory level, but the singing is diminished.

I hear the music from both sides of the car, so I still have stereo for the sound coming out of the iPhone. It's just that the singing in the middle of the sound stage is toned down.

This problem occurs with two different iPhones, including one in which I installed the latest iOS last week. I am using the phones’ “Music” application.

The end of the cable with the earphone plug on it appears intact and undamaged. I have not pulled out the stereo tuner to inspect the other end of the cable, but I expect, that if I had any loose wires there, I would hear it.

Does anyone recognize the problem and know the solution?

TIA

Old 12-01-2018, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Have you tried another cable?

Old 12-01-2018, 11:38 AM

No. I have not yet chosen to spend any more money on this project.

The reason why I not yet made that experiment is that I would not think that a simple pair of wires would affect only one segment of the recorded sound. My initial expectation is that there is some software problem somewhere.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:56 AM

I just finished my project and I decided to chenge the sterio system at ll.
In this case I spent a lot of money but I am happy and bisedes how it's possible to install something cheap in car like this.. So the AMP IS Pioneer GMA3602 and head
unit is SMARTY Trend one so no problem everything what I wanted I got)