Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Instrument panel and other problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 08:46 AM
Default Instrument panel and other problems

Hi.

It started few weeks ago with random engine stops. Im not sure but the first was the the power steering gone than some warning lights flash on and the car stopped.. it was very random.. tried to figure out. Maybe from bumps? Or happening only when the car is warmed up.. but no it was very random.
Later all the gaugesstopped working in the instruments panel. Only the fuel gauge working..
Some warning lights are on: check engine. Abs and hand brake. And the seatbelt warning is on, but no sound warningn if i dont use the seat belt... there was once thats the instruments came back for few sec while driveing and the warning sound worked also for a while..
I checked most of the cables under the steering wheel. Once the inatruments worked warning lights was gone. Only the abs light was on. But it was on only under 1000 rpm.. this was single case.. not happened again.

I checked fusebox, cleared a lot connections included the battery connections. Some was very oxydised. Checked the battery.
After this the car working not stopped since that.
But still not working the instrument panel. No gauges. Warning lights on, check engine, abs and handbrake. Also no fuel consuption and daily km and overall km.
So it was fine for few days. Now on the right side started ligh continously the turn signal.. i changed the right rear, it was ok for 1 day. Now its on again but only if i turn on the lights. Without light the turn signal is ok.
Ps.: sorry for my english
And this is a mazda 6 2003 diesel 2.0 120 hp
Thank you all.
This is what happening now

Last edited by nbslazs88; 04-20-2019 at 08:51 AM.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:53 PM
Super Moderator

Have you taken it to Mazda & have it scanned for fault codes?