Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Audio Work

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Default Audio Work

I want to put a sound system in my 06 mazda 6 what kind of pain am I in for? also would the stock deck work well with an aftermarket amp and sub or should i switch to my other deck? what kind of prices are install kits for aftermarket decks...single DIN? (Ontario prices)

Thank you for your time,

Tyler Hearn

Old 09-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Banned

I had the stock deck hooked up to an alpine amplifier and had nothing but problems. I did have a gain for the subwoofer, but after too much gain, the subs actually shut off. To get it to re-cycle i had to shut the car off and re-start it. I did have the amp on a separate toggle power switch but still had to shut car off. The quality wasn't that great. I finally got fed up and bought an aftermarket deck. It is much better now. I had to buy a new centre console thing for the stereo ($350). This console is drab so i bought some decal stuff and put it on. It goes on better with a hiar dryer with it off car. You can get better looking stuff from 3M.
My new CD player also has a USB input (bought about 3-4 years ago).

For battery wire issues, please read: https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...tteries-27572/

You need really thick power wire if you go more than 10 feet. If you go with an extra battery you will need an isolator (all in above article).

You must not only ground your amp, but add another ground wire to the body near the front of your main battery. I suggest also adding a ground to engine.

Check this Video Out;

Old 09-26-2013, 10:36 PM

OK so first off thank you for your reply it is much appreciated second off my amp isn't very big only 250w maybe 300 can't remember it was installed in my truck before the truck got written off and I will only be running a 10" sub maybe 12" max and slims at that soo would I still have these issues that the link was talking about because as of right now knock on wood my battery works just fine including in extreme low temperature last winter we had a -39 Celsius day and it fired up no problem ill stop rambling and make a long story short and just say the battery has been strong thus far and wouldn't have that much more draw on it. Side not I always use large gauge wire for sound system applications I just haven't ever worked on a Mazda 6 before... or an import at all for that matter I'm kinda new to it.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Ive installed a Audio control LC6i. It takes the four speaker channels and converts them into 3 pairs of RCA outputs, ( Front & rear speakers and sub option )

You retain all the functions/controls of your factory head-unit but you can run any aftermarket amps, speakers and subs.

My car sounds awesome, But looks 100% Nana spec factory.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/1761...r----LC6i.html

Old 09-28-2013, 10:56 AM

Thank you for the link looks interesting can't say I have ever used one before but looks like a win for me haha I'll look into it and see where I can buy one

Thank you again,

Tyler S. Hearn

Old 09-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by thearn006
Thank you for the link looks interesting can't say I have ever used one before but looks like a win for me haha I'll look into it and see where I can buy one

Thank you again,

Tyler S. Hearn
That one from Grim Reaper, does look interesting. As time goes on, newer products we can actually use, appear!

Old 09-29-2013, 02:54 AM
Super Moderator

Works really well too. Car looks 100% factory, nothing to interest car thieves.
I didn't want to loose my factory bluetooth and factory satnav by replacing my factory stereo with something aftermarket.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:21 PM

we have have something similar at the local audio place but its only a LC2I any ideas?

Old 10-01-2013, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

LC6i is a six channel output unit ( 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers and 1 or 2 Subs )
LC2i is a two channel unit, mainly for adding a sub-woofer I think.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/t34/1761...r-Control.html

Old 10-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by thearn006
we have have something similar at the local audio place but its only a LC2I any ideas?
I'd recommend buying from eBay.... much better selection, and prices, and you can still purchase Brand New In Box too. Just be sure to bid from someone who has about 95% POSITIVE feedback or better. Easy peasy.

Also, just my .02 cents, but I'd recommend Kenwood eXcelon to anyone interested in the SOUND QUALITY of their system. They are one of the very few manufactures that produce a head unit that hits on such a low frequency range. Some units will go all the way down to 10Hz..... below what the human ear can actually perceive. Amazing bass, for those bass enthusiasts out there. Anyways, I'm sure I'll get a lot of rebuttals on my fav brand, but like I said, just my .02 cents.

Good luck in your project!

Quick Reply: Audio Work