Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

AEM or INJEN

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Default AEM or INJEN

whats best for the 6 2.3 mtx

AEM cold air or INJEN cold air forget about CAI thats to much for me

Old 05-30-2006, 04:05 PM
Default RE: AEM or INJEN

youre contradicting yourself here. youre asking to compare AEM and Injen cold air intakes...but then you say forget the cai.
make up your mind.

Old 05-30-2006, 05:58 PM

i dont have an answer for you but i just want to say dont take anything that I says seriously...i have noticed that I make absolutely no sense...your question was right to the point with no way to misinterprete it, and yet I completely did...i think I do this to compensate for my lack of knowledge....just my thoughts but i think I am a moron.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:42 PM

I agree 1badsx, but I don't care what this genius says its all good.

Old 05-30-2006, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: mazda69

I agree 1badsx, but I don't care what this crackhead says its all good.
alright then...i would have liked to help you out, since we both have the same engine and i have 2 1/2 years experience with it, but your first post did NOT make sense mazda69, and then you turn around and call me a crackhead? come on now.

im trying to get this straight...you ask whether the AEM cold air intake or the Injen cold air intake is best for the 2.3 liter engine...but then you note at the end to forget about the cold air intake because "thats too much for you." straighten this out...

but...in the end it all boils now to personal preference. i personally prefer AEM over Injen products. the Injen intake has too man curves in the piping and curls up at the end where the filter is placed...this is a good design for catching water. however, the AEM intake pipe is angled downwards toward the filter so water cannot get stuck inside the tubing.

Old 05-30-2006, 10:40 PM

ORIGINAL: 1badsx

i dont have an answer for you but i just want to say dont take anything this Lupae character says seriously...i have noticed that he makes absolutely no sense...your question was right to the point with no way to misinterprete it, and yet he completely did...i think he does this to compensate for his lack of knowledge....just my thoughts but i think lupae3s is a moron.
First of all your completely wrong and Lupae is right. He said aem or injen which is a CAI but then he said to forget CAI, so in turn he contradicted himself. Now unless he meant to put forget cp-e since it's too much money then it is understandable, but he didn't.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:14 PM

i'm with RJB

if i had to pick (i've run the AEM SRS, AEM CAI, Injen and CP-E) i'd go with the Injen. my favorite intake was the AEM SRS, but i do mostly hwy driving so heat soak wasn't an issue for my fun, if you are a city driver, then you might feel otherwise. the reason i say Injen, is it's a 2 piece unit, so you can run it as a CAI or as a short ram (i ran both ways while i had it on). if you are in an area that sees a lot of rain, being able to turn it into a short system and not worry about driving through lakes (not that it's smart to do anyhow), then back to CAI when the weather gets better. the SRS systems typically sounds better to me since the filter is closer to you, you hear more.

now CP-E sounds better than all the others i think...worth the cost...? for me no, but that's me

Old 05-31-2006, 02:07 AM

my bad people i ment cp-e not cai , as u can see im new on
this intake technology, dont know much about cars
sorry..

Old 05-31-2006, 04:35 AM

Dont forget about KandN! It is a good product too. It seems to be easier to install!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:05 PM

I would only choose the cp-e for V6 models.

Quick Reply: AEM or INJEN