Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   Had a Bad Day (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/had-bad-day-2678/)

RJB_M6 03-27-2006 06:44 PM

Had a Bad Day

Well the whether is nice for once and I had no school. So what do I do, I decided to wash my car. All is going good until my dad recommended I use a shamee instead of the normal way i dry off my car. So i found one in the garage and started to dry off my car. I noticed that the shamee was making the car dirty so I stopped. Before I used it I noticed it was dirty so I cleaned it off. So after I saw the dirt, I stopped, rewashed the parts of the car I shameed, and dried the car off how I normally do with my Mr. Clean drying thing. Well that wasn't all. I noticed that there were big scratches all over the car where I had shameed. Mostly on the right side on the side skirts and the bottom of the rear right and front right side bumper. This ticked me off since you could notice the scratches. It turns out that later I asked my dad what happened and he said I used the wrong shamee :( The one I used was way old and I was suppose to use the one that was new and inside the plastic container hidden in the back of his tool shelf. Well then my day got even worse. I had my wipers up to take the winter blades off and put on my normal ones. So I got the right side off, the smaller blade, and was about to put on my normal blade when all of a sudden SNAP. My metal blade holder snapped down to my window cracking it. It was about a bullet size circular crack on the inside of my window way at the bottom. So then I drove around for about 10 minutes and came back home. I noticed the crack was starting to expand, as in new cracks were foriming and growing out.:( My dad just says to live with it but I know it will get bigger so eventually I will have to come up with money to get a new windshield. And I want to fix the scratches all over my car but i'm afraid if I use my touch up paint that I will just make it worse.

Island_6 03-27-2006 09:09 PM

RE: Had a Bad Day

That sucks!!! Maguires has a really good scratch remover (as long as they're not too deep)...it buffs them out pretty well...I've used it before and it works really well to get scratches out. Hopefully it will work for you!! I wonder if your dealership would cover the windshield under warranty...it's not like you did anything to intentionally break it...it may be worth a shot ;)

MrSpike118 03-27-2006 09:30 PM

If the car is brand new, you must have full insurance on it. See if you have comprohensive. They will cover that. The glass company wont care how it was cracked because they are getting business out of the deal, and the insraunce company will just send them a check. Try it out, let us know how it works, whether insurance will cover it, or mazda will. Sorry about the scratches man, I have a few. Let me know what you use and if it comes out alright.

Metric 03-27-2006 10:16 PM

Day I got mine home, I dropped a tin of paint on the hood... sweeet.

RJB_M6 03-28-2006 01:16 AM

The scratches aren't very deep at all. I will look into the maguires scratch remover. As for the window i'm going to have to see waht my insurance covers, because it's not like I flung the holder down it just went. Well tomorrow I will call mazda and see what I can do. I will fill you in once I know more.

6Pack 03-28-2006 03:13 AM

usually insurance cover you for stone chips for free as in my case of late Rrrrr

you mentioned it starting to spread (the cracks) .... that entitles a complete windshield change ; and if you have a deductible of say 250 or 500 .... then you pay that first amount and the insurance covers the rest ... at least that's how it's done in Canada

I have to get mr.dent to dent out a major spread of a dent in my passenger door after some careless sap opened HIS door into mine , shredding the door molding along with it ...... and then I have this quarter-size dent in the rear driver quarterpanel wheel arch ...... all this will cost me 150 at the dealer

AlyssaC 03-28-2006 05:44 AM

I got a nasty rock chip in my windshield too. I think it's only like $250-$350 for a new windshield. That's not too bad. Well...I guess depending on your age and financial situation it could be a bad thing.

MrSpike118 03-28-2006 08:38 AM

I dont know about you guys, but I know with my insurance I dont pay a deductable for comprehensive. Id look into that as well.

RJB_M6 03-28-2006 12:21 PM

Well I talked to a few friends and also my mom. My one friend needed a new windshield and he had a company come to his house and install it right there and it only cost him $150 bux. However, I also talked to my mom and I have to go through a certain glass company in order for my insurance to cover it. Right now I am at school, so when I get out I will call the place and get an estimate and then have them call my insurace (I think they are suppose to call them). Since the spread, I have been keeping my system down and kept the heat off to prevent different temperatures on each side of the glass and to prevent the vibrations of my car from making the crack spread more. As for the scratches, I am going to head over to auto zone after school to look at the maguires products. My friend also has some gloss shine stuff that we are going to try after school. I really don't wanna get it touched up. Man I hate being so dis-knowledged about cars :(

RJB_M6 03-28-2006 08:35 PM

I got the scratches to basically blend in so you can't really tell as much unless your up close and personal. I used my friend's Scratch Out, but i just went to Auo Zone and bought Maguires Scratch X. As for the window, I am going tomorrow after school to a glass place to see if I even need to get it replaced right away. It hasn't spider webbed any more since yesterday. Pics of my car are on the other forum, the headlights one.

Metric: the tints look dark and light depending on the angle I took the pictures and the angle of the sun. Anyways, at night time they look dark.