Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   Fan control module campaign (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/fan-control-module-campaign-7959/)

babyhuey 04-25-2007 02:56 PM

Fan control module campaign

If you have a 2003-2006 Mazda 6 with the 3.0 V6 engine, there is a current campaign out labeled SSP 71 that calls for inspect and usually replacement of the fan control module. Modules have been failing very often due to internal assembly soldering problems. These problems can cause the cooling fans to run all the time, not at all, or have erratic fan speeds. Dealer will inspect and'or replace the fan control module free of charge to you under this campain.

If you would like for me to check and see if this or any other campaign applies to you or if it will just be a wasted trip for inspection then send mea PM with the last 8 digits of your VIN. I will probably only be able to check North American market vehicles.

davidteachey 04-25-2007 04:33 PM

RE: Fan control module campaign

I got my letter from Mazda last week, asking me to bring mine in. I'll do so the 1st week of June, when I'm off work.

David

sstlaure 04-25-2007 05:10 PM

My wife's 6 is exhibiting theerratic speed. Just haven't had a chance to get it in yet.

whitetiger9188 04-26-2007 01:59 AM

yea mine freaks out constantly....i bought mine used....will i still be able to take it to a dealer?

sstlaure 04-26-2007 10:58 AM

Go to your dealer and give them your VIN#. Itwill be covered if you are in the affected date range.

davidteachey 04-26-2007 11:40 AM

Yes, whitetiger, yours should be covered as long as the VIN falls within the group of affected cars.

David

davidteachey 06-05-2007 10:13 AM

I took my '04 Mazda6 Wagon, V6, in for the fan control module recall. They replaced the module. They also said that there was a (unrelated)software update called for, and theydid that free-of-charge. The software relates to OBD-II emissions testing, and was referred to as "MSP10". Anyway, from the time I got out of my car to the time I got back into my car, 40 minutes elapsed. Not abad waitat all. Cheers,

David

sstlaure 06-05-2007 11:12 AM

I took them maybe 20 minutes to do the fix on my wife's. (Hers was exhibiting the problem, very sporadic function of the fan.)

PhizGig99 07-10-2007 05:25 PM

I am having these same types of problems on my 6 where on #1 & #2 the fan is off but the A/C light is on and on #3&#4 the fan is on but the A/C is off and mine is a 4-Cylinder. Any chance of this being fixed under warranty also?

sstlaure 07-10-2007 07:29 PM

ORIGINAL: PhizGig99

I am having these same types of problems on my 6 where on #1 & #2 the fan is off but the A/C light is on and on #3&#4 the fan is on but the A/C is off and mine is a 4-Cylinder. Any chance of this being fixed under warranty also?
??????? What do you mean on 1 2 3 4...Are you talking about the individual cylinders?

This campaign is for the engine fan (on radiator)running sporadically (engine off, fan turns on/off....engine running, fan runs at intermittent speeds.) It's not talking about the climate control fan inside the cabin of the vehicle.