Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   Fan control module for 2010 Mazda 6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/fan-control-module-2010-mazda-6-a-32216/)

dc20187 08-30-2013 12:49 PM

Fan control module for 2010 Mazda 6

I have just recently experienced a problem with my 6. The fan wouldn't shut off after the car was turned off. After doing some research I found out that there has been issues with the fan control modules in different years of the 6. Took it to the shop and they say the module isn't sold separately. I need to purchase a whole new fan that includes the module. That is around $900 with labor. Really? Has anyone come across this with the 2010 Mazda 6? Why can't I just buy the control module? I am also told that the universal fan control module will not work with the 6. I love my car but my wallet don't love it at the moment. :(

Imports4life8 05-29-2020 07:18 PM

Did you ever get this fixed?

JeffHerr 06-02-2021 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by dc20187 (Post 140374)
I have just recently experienced a problem with my 6. The fan wouldn't shut off after the car was turned off. After doing some research I found out that there has been issues with the fan control modules in different years of the 6. Took it to the shop and they say the module isn't sold separately. I need to purchase a whole new fan that includes the module. That is around $900 with labor. Really? Has anyone come across this with the 2010 Mazda 6? Why can't I just buy the control module? I am also told that the universal fan control module will not work with the 6. I love my car but my wallet don't love it at the moment. :(

I have the exact same experience. Many parts places look like they have a replacement part for this, so I'm going to get the car back and take a look. It's worth trying...

sonnyff 07-27-2022 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by JeffHerr (Post 195318)
I have the exact same experience. Many parts places look like they have a replacement part for this, so I'm going to get the car back and take a look. It's worth trying...

Did you end up needing to purchase a new fan assembly? Needing to pick up my Mazda6 '10 from the dealer after the same outcome. Quoted 1,200 for a new module today. Want to replace it myself but haven't been able to find any recent confirmation that it in fact requires the whole fan, or whether the module is tucked away somewhere. Please let me know.

JeffHerr 07-27-2022 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by sonnyff (Post 206682)
Did you end up needing to purchase a new fan assembly? Needing to pick up my Mazda6 '10 from the dealer after the same outcome. Quoted 1,200 for a new module today. Want to replace it myself but haven't been able to find any recent confirmation that it in fact requires the whole fan, or whether the module is tucked away somewhere. Please let me know.

I ended up just replacing the entire fan unit and it worked just fine.

sonnyff 07-27-2022 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JeffHerr (Post 206683)
I ended up just replacing the entire fan unit and it worked just fine.

Thanks for confirming. Going that route now.