Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   dpf (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/dpf-26085/)

rovers321 03-14-2011 07:54 AM

dpf

perhaps somebody can enlighten me but i seem to think that a flashing dpf light means ' we are terribly sorry and we feel sorry for you but give us lots of money and we might be able to fix it. it is just a question of when you run out of money or get fed up and try and sell it with the light flashing '.

Tracker 03-14-2011 06:46 PM

whats dpf?

lnwlf 03-15-2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tracker (Post 117205)
whats dpf?

I asked the same thing a week or so ago. I believe they only use them in Europe, it is a "diesel particulate filter". and from my understanding it kind of works like a filter for the exhaust of a diesel engine to cut back on the soot. Also if you drive at highway speeds occasionally it will clear itself out, but putting around the city will tend to gum it up and cause the light to come on. I believe my understanding is correct, anyone please feel free to correct me.

virgin1 03-15-2011 07:59 PM

I thought it meant down-pipe failure. :D :D :D

Seriously, I believe you to be exactly correct, John. We don't see too much of that 'round these parts as diesel powered Mazda's don't exist here, Rover.
But I also believe from my limited knowledge of the subject, that the flashing light may mean that the filter is automatically purging, or needs to be purged manually as it must do from time-to-time. (Is there a dashboard mounted switch perhaps?)
Check your owners manual for further information or instruction.

Tracker 03-16-2011 12:12 PM

i know about dpf in diesel vehicles but i didnt know that there was a diesel mazda 6 so i was a little confused

virgin1 03-16-2011 12:18 PM

In other countries there is. Here in North America.... :thumbsdown:

Tracker 03-16-2011 01:20 PM

didnt know they also had the 1.6lt for the 6, thought only the 3 had that pos engine

SAG01 12-09-2011 01:15 PM

DPF removal

I live in ireland and have a mazda 5 2.0 diesel sport with dpf problems. Wish I had never bought the thing but apart from the dpf I like the car.

Seems that a lot of diesel cars are suffering same fate and there are many internet sites in Uk and Ireland advertising remapping and ECU emulators.

Know a guy who remapped a Peugoet successfully and still passed all emissions tests.

Anyone have any experiences with remapping or emulators with Mazdas ?????

johndere2 02-05-2012 10:40 AM

hi
I wrote in another topic.My dpf problem was removed by www.pandpauto.eu about two monts ago .No problems since.

virgin1 02-05-2012 10:57 AM

And who are these guys?
Where are they located?
Do they offer any online or remote services? Videos? Tools? Resources?

I'm a bit confused by your listing. Are you just saying that they fixed your problem as a point of interest or is it viable that others use their service... others that may not live in southern England?