Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   Deal or No Deal? (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/deal-no-deal-3820/)

Veronique 06-26-2006 11:40 PM

Deal or No Deal?

When do you stop going to the dealer for service? My dad thinks you should stop right after you buy the car. I think it's a good idea to go there as long as the car is under warranty. What do you think? Do they really charge a lot more? And are they always trying to find something wrong with your car?

Tracker 06-27-2006 12:20 AM

RE: Deal or No Deal?

Some dealerships judge you, like if you bring in your car for somethin, and you say you dont know whats wrong, they might bs you depending on how good of a relationship you have with them, but yeah if you plan on keeping your warrenty until further notice (i.e. headers), them use your dealer as much as you need to, i have friends and resources to fix whatever needs to be fixed but my car is still under warrenty so i go to the dealer if something happens, as a matter of fact im going in for my "full circle service" wendesday,

sstlaure 06-27-2006 01:20 AM

I'll go to a dealership if they have a good service department. Unfortunately, it's tough to find a good service department it seems.

Use these forums to keep the dealer honest.

the_gray_mazda6 06-27-2006 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Veronique

When do you stop going to the dealer for service? My dad thinks you should stop right after you buy the car. I think it's a good idea to go there as long as the car is under warranty. What do you think? Do they really charge a lot more? And are they always trying to find something wrong with your car?
if you don't have a warranty, keep in mind that the average labor fees are $60/hr in the USA for fixing your vehicle. Depending on if you have the equipment and resources, you can do it yourself unless you get into the more intricate areas such as transmission and such. If you are talking about just doing service checkups (ex: 15,000 mile service checkup), then i would say go as often as needed. I would typically only go every 15,000 miles just so that everything is looked over, lubricated, etc. I rotate my tires myself so and do my own oil changes as well as other fluids so I don't rely on the dealership. Sure dealers will tell you if something is wrong, but you don't have to get it done (ex: new wipers, etc.). That's just a way of them conducting business.

87 turbo II 06-27-2006 04:28 AM

I go to my dealership because they have a great service department. I let them do diagnostics, finding problems, and service. If they find a problem I go somewhere else to fix it though.

Veronique 07-04-2006 08:03 PM

Very good advice -- let Mazda tell you what's wrong and then go somewhere else!

87 turbo II 07-05-2006 01:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Veronique

Very good advice -- let Mazda tell you what's wrong and then go somewhere else!
yep