Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Central locking issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Default Central locking issue

Hi all

Ive been having a problem with the central locking on my 2007 Mazda 6 for the past couple of months and its finally doing my head in so id thought id ask you guys before taking it into the garage, as if i can fix it i will.

It only affects the drivers door and seems to be random, when locking with the remote, sometimes it locks and unlocks fine.

But then it will lock with remote but not open with remote so i have to use the key.
Then it may unlock with the remote but not lock the car so i have to use the key.

Its really annoying that its not the same thing over and over, ive changed the battery in both fobs and tried both but get the same issues.

Anyone that can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Banned

Have you tried to re-set the computer, ECU?
It's easy and worth a shot.

MAZDA ECU RE-SET PROCEDURE
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/gen...setting-31827/

1) to reset ECU the easiest way is:
Take off the negative lead of the battery,
Sit in the driver's seat of your Mazda
turn headlights on and off, press horn
Push down and release the brake pedal five times consecutively.
Wait 10-15 minutes to reconnect and ECU should be reseted.
if your not sure if it worked leave it off for a few hours
Reconnect the "Negative" terminal clam on your Mazda's battery.
turn your car on and let it idle for a few minutes to learn the mapping and drive like a granny for the first 30 mins! the ecu will learn that minimal fuel usage is what you want and it'll stick to it!
coz if you floor it as soon as you do it it'll learn that pumping fuel in is the way to go

2) There are two reset procedures, one for the NVRAM and the other for the KAM. Neither will erase your radio presets.
1) With the key in the off position, press and hold the odometer reset button and turn the key to on;
Continue to hold the odo button until the odometer reads "TEST" and then release.
2) Turn the key to off and repeat step one.
This will reset the entire PCM except the KAM which contains the sensor profiles amongst other things. You can reset it with the familiar procedure:
1) Turn the key to on
2) Depress the brake pedal rapidly 20 times in a row until the oil pressure gauge sweeps to halfway and back again.

After doing this on my Mazda 6 my Passenger window will also not work from the driver side. To correct this I first put the passenger window down from the passenger side. Now I start putting it up with my right hand----while it’s going up I use my left hand and put the window up using the driver side control for that window, keep holding both buttons up for 20 seconds after the window has reached the top. My radio pre-sets also lost.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:25 PM

Sounds really complex.
This wont damage the car in anyway will it clearing the ECU and the other 2 resets ?
I dont want the car not to work or end up with a hefty bill for reprogramming.
Also are you saying that after doing this yourself your windows wouldnt work ?
I dont really want to end up with any more problems than i already have :-)

Old 06-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pdw001
Sounds really complex.
This wont damage the car in anyway will it clearing the ECU and the other 2 resets ?
I dont want the car not to work or end up with a hefty bill for reprogramming.
Also are you saying that after doing this yourself your windows wouldnt work ?
I dont really want to end up with any more problems than i already have :-)
No side effects other than I said and definietly no re-programming. I have done this over 10 times on my car!
Easy peazy!

Just do the following:

Reconnect the "Negative" terminal clamp on your Mazda's battery.
turn your car on and let it idle for a few minutes to learn the mapping and drive like a granny for the first 30 mins! the ecu will learn that minimal fuel usage is what you want and it'll stick to it!
coz if you floor it as soon as you do it it'll learn that pumping fuel in is the way to go

After doing this on my Mazda 6 my Passenger window will also not work from the driver side. To correct this I first put the passenger window down from the passenger side. Now I start putting it up with my right hand----while it’s going up I use my left hand and put the window up using the driver side control for that window, keep holding both buttons up for 20 seconds after the window has reached the top. My radio pre-sets also lost.

The passenger window is the only window not working from the driver side control! It works from the passenger side always!
The above is the procedure to get your passenger window to work from driver side controls.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:08 AM
Default Remote Central Locking Problem.

Please humour me, I'm new on here.

I have a 2007 Mazda6, South African spec, RHD and what was the top of the range here in SA. Official nomenclature 'Mazda6 2.3 Individual'. It has a manual 6 speed gearbox and the pierced metal pedals from the MPS.

I've had the car from new. So I know its full history.

Yesterday I drove in the rain! It was a torrential downpour.

The remote central locking stopped working. But after about an hour parked at the local Mall, outdoors but under cover, it started working again.

But after about 20 hours in my dry garage at home it has stopped working again.

Using the key in the drivers door operates the central locking, but the direction indicators do not flash.

It seems that something got wet and would probably benefit from the gentle use of my wife's hair dryer, but where do I find the controllers to point the hair dryer at?

I have read the reset procedure described by Use Your Noggin, but reluctant to try yet it yet as my car does not have an oil pressure gauge.

Though I have replaced the car battery in the past and I have been through the resetting of the window one touch function and I have set up the remotes after replacing the batteries.

The radio pre-sets are of no consequence.

Last edited by ian16th; 02-23-2017 at 05:10 AM.
Old 05-22-2018, 11:52 AM
Default Front door wont unlocke with key.

Hi,
Hope thay you have found the solution as Ibam having thr same issue. The central locking seems fine. But the front two doors are not getting locked or unlocked with the key.
i have also tried to reset the ecu that didnt help. If you have got it sorted please can you assit me with the solution.

thanks

Old 10-19-2020, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
Have you tried to re-set the computer, ECU?
It's easy and worth a shot.

MAZDA ECU RE-SET PROCEDURE
https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/gen...setting-31827/

if your not sure if it worked leave it off for a few hours
Reconnect the "Negative" terminal clam on your Mazda's battery.

2) There are two reset procedures, one for the NVRAM and the other for the KAM. Neither will erase your radio presets.
1) With the key in the off position, press and hold the odometer reset button and turn the key to on;
Continue to hold the odo button until the odometer reads "TEST" and then release.
2) Turn the key to off and repeat step one.
This will reset the entire PCM except the KAM which contains the sensor profiles amongst other things. You can reset it with the familiar procedure:
1) Turn the key to on
2) Depress the brake pedal rapidly 20 times in a row until the oil pressure gauge sweeps to halfway and back again.

Mazda 6 2005

This little diode could be the problem to most of your central locking issues . I carefully pried the module apart being careful of the blue motor cog inside and found one of the two diodes had blown hence hearing only part movement inside the motor housing . Now changed the central locking works perfectly. Oh and of eBay our trusted friend i was able to purchase 50 yes 50 for £1.59 with postage . Item number 1N4007.

Old 10-19-2020, 08:56 AM

Just like to point out that Craigowdham is in the UK and his car will be RHD and his references to right and left of his car, may not be the same in a LHD model.

Old 10-19-2020, 09:02 AM
Default RHD Mazda 6

Very true I forgot to mention I’m in the uk. However when I do the front passenger door as that one is iffy I’ll post as to whether it may be the same thanks ian16th for pointing this out 🤩

Old 04-04-2024, 02:41 AM

You're describing the problem I'm having. Where exactly is the diode located?