Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2005 Mazda6 i Window problem

Old 06-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Post 2005 Mazda6 i Window problem

I'm in the military and about a year ago prior to deploying my battery was dead upon returning from training, we jump started but something went wrong and my driver side window stopped working i took it to the mechanic we got all three windows but the driver side to work and the seatbelt/airbag light stayed on. I tried to get it to pass inspection and kicks an error and it won't let it pass. Everything works fine except the window and I can't get it to pass inspection, the mechanic said it may be the computer that got fried, any ideas?

Old 06-06-2014, 12:24 AM

Send a message here to a guy named useyournoggin..he gave me the easy procedure to fix the passenger window not going up via drivers side control. I cant remember exactly, but I think you start car, hold both window up switches, one with left hand and then reach over with right hand to hold that switch up. Hold both for 15 seconds at the same time and it should work. If not, send him a message asap...easy peasy on mine!

"By the way, this is a shout out thank you to UseYourNoggin who I believe just saved me a few hundred $$ (what the mechanic wanted to replace it) with his fix of passenger side windows that won't go up via drivers side switch..you the man and can't wait to get home to fix this!! It just occurred to me that the mechanic may know how to reprogram, but would claim he replaced with new switch. One the same would think he would know this as they are a Japanese only auto repair shop".

Old 06-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jimx200
Send a message here to a guy named useyournoggin..he gave me the easy procedure to fix the passenger window not going up via drivers side control. I cant remember exactly, but I think you start car, hold both window up switches, one with left hand and then reach over with right hand to hold that switch up. Hold both for 15 seconds at the same time and it should work. If not, send him a message asap...easy peasy on mine!

"By the way, this is a shout out thank you to UseYourNoggin who I believe just saved me a few hundred $$ (what the mechanic wanted to replace it) with his fix of passenger side windows that won't go up via drivers side switch..you the man and can't wait to get home to fix this!! It just occurred to me that the mechanic may know how to reprogram, but would claim he replaced with new switch. One the same would think he would know this as they are a Japanese only auto repair shop".
Thanx, but the procedure I gave you only works after the battery was disconnected. It gets control of your passenger window back from driver's side. It has nothing to do with this issue, as the driver side window is not working. He should check switch in door, maybe water got in it.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:47 AM

Both the motor and switch has been replace already and still doesn't work and it continues having the seatbelt light on and it won't pass inspection once connected to the computer.