Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   Car turned off while in Drive (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/car-turned-off-while-drive-1532/)

MrSpike118 04-03-2006 03:18 PM

RE: Car turned off while in Drive

Tracker, thats a good Educated Guess man. But why would they want to do that? I mean if it has happened randomly and never happened again. I really like that guess.

the_gray_mazda6 04-03-2006 05:33 PM

this is kind of like "unsolved mysteries"

Tracker 04-03-2006 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: MrSpike118

Tracker, thats a good Educated Guess man. But why would they want to do that? I mean if it has happened randomly and never happened again. I really like that guess.
thanks i dont know that much about cars as much as my friends do but i tend to pick up on things kinda quick sometimes, its answers like that just pop into my head.

AlyssaC 04-04-2006 06:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

wtf is up with cars these days, this is a guess an uneducated guess, but could it be that the ECU for some strange reason decided to reset itself and do a systems check or something like that?
What's up with cars these days? It's cuz they're running everything off computers...that's the problem. :eek:

Tracker 04-04-2006 12:14 PM

yeah they try to make cars smarter that are being built by stupid people, actually if think about it its good for the environment purpose and the life of the car....i think, but its bad for the hardcore people who like to tinker with their cars and such, current cars are getting harder and harder to mess with because of the complex configuration of the car but then again, it also brings up the oppertunity for people who want to upgrade cars to give them a challenge and an oppertunity to create truly unique car.

the_gray_mazda6 04-04-2006 12:53 PM

another problem car programmers have is deadlines ( they need to have the car ready by such and such a date) and thus does not allow for all of the kinks to be worked out.

raelinds 03-26-2008 11:55 AM

Recently (in the last few days) I have experience the same problem, but much more frequently. When at a complete stop, the car will idle for about 10 seconds and then the engine will die. The radio, lights, fans, all stay on...like if you had the key in the 'on' position before starting the ignition. I put the car in park, restart the car, and it will drive fine...as long as I keep the rpms above 1000.

Earlier today I brought it in to the dealership to get it fixed, and the person helping me had no clue but tried to sound like he did. He thinks that by doing an engine computer upgrade it will fix the problem, but they wont get the upgrade for about a week. So I'm still driving with a car that will die in the middle of rush hour traffic...

I'm not sure I believe the computer solution, is there anything else it could be? Right before this happened I had them fix the idler pulley (does that sound right?) They replaced it and then this started happening. I have the paranoid feeling the dealership messed something up...

ohiogrown 03-26-2008 06:37 PM

Normallywhen they come through my shop for similar problems its and emissiond issue. most commonly either MAf or MAP sensors. Also IAC motors are very commen. Check the throttle plate also. if they get dirty and thee engine is intaking more air then what the ECM thinks it should be it freaks the car out and they will sometimes stall. Generally its nothing big but its a pain to figure out. Very hard to replicate once we get it in the shop.

davidteachey 03-27-2008 07:06 AM

Hey wkhoury,

What ended up being the problem/solution?

David

Darth Mazda 03-27-2008 03:32 PM

Has anyone considered the paranormal? My old Honda used to crap out at the same stop sign EVERYTIME I came to it. I could never figure it out. The car NEVER did it anywhere else. I was convinced someone died at that stop sign and was haunting the area. It's funny cuz I dont even believe in ghosts or anything like that (well I do watch Ghost Hunters a lot). Things that make you go...hmmmmmmmmm.