Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Bolt pattern for mazda 6

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Default Bolt pattern for mazda 6

Hello all. I have a 2008 Mazda 6, 4 cylinder. I want to change the wheels on it. I went to the dealership today, and the guy there was trying to convince me that the specs on the rims for a 2008 mazda6 are different than the specs on the rims for a 2008 mazda6speed and also different from the specs from an RX8 same year. Other than, obviously, the size of the rim, the lug pattern from a RX8 are the same as a regular mazda6. That's my opinion though, because I've seen mazda6 cars with RX8 wheels with no issues(?). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

My question to you all is (since the guy at the dealership didn't help me much): are the lug patterns really different on the 2008 mazda 6, mazdaspeed 6, and RX8? If they are, is there a way to adjust for difference (I don't see it possible, but I may be wrong)

Only thing that the guy gave me was the price of the original stock alloys for that year (since he wouldn't price for me anything that wasn't available for my VIN). As I was processing and adding in my head, I thought to myself "well, if I'm willing to spend that much on original parts and not aftermarket, why don't you just buy some newer style wheels, branded Mazda?"

Will newer era wheels fit on my older 2008? Or is there a year where the pattern changes making them not interchangeable anymore?

PS. I am aware that if I get a bigger rim I'm gonna have to get low profile tires so I don't run into rubbing issues. I'm not trying to go crazy in difference in sizes either, at the most two inches of rim, because I don't want to mess with the handling of the car. And one last thing. Will any of these adjustments disagree with the tpms?

I tried to search the forum for similar topics, but the search engine took me back to Google, sorry in advance if there's a thread on this already. Please guide me in that direction if that is the case.

Thank you all.

Old 03-24-2018, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Mazda 3, Mazda 6, CX7, CX9, RX8, all have the same stud pattern - 5x 114.3.

There will be differences in rim diameter, rim width & off-set across the range.