Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

After Market Sound System for 2018 Mazda6

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 03:27 PM
Default After Market Sound System for 2018 Mazda6

Hey,

I just got my new car and LOVE IT!!!! It reminds me of my old Mazda MX-6, just so much fun to drive. And of course I got a manual tranny.

OK... I have (1) JL 300.4 (2) Alpine MDR M-500 (3) Boston Acoustics 6.53X speakers. and (4) 12" W3 JL.

I think I need a lc7i and a **** controller. And wires, etc...

Questions... HAS ANYONE PUT IN AN AFTERMARKET SYSTEM HERE? Am I missing anything? Do you think I need after market REAR speakers? ANd the Boston Acoustics 6.53X is a 6.5 (for door) and a 4" and a tweeter. I know the dash has space for a 3.5", do you think I can fit a 4" there?

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Audiocontrol is a awesome brand. I'm running a LC6i in my 2012 Mazda 3.

1st question, do you have bose?

I would recommend replacing all 4 door speakers.

Depending on how hardcore you want to go, you can stay with the factory speaker wiring. I've got my controller mounted up above my glovebox ( out of the way)

I used a wiring diagram to trace the speaker wiring out from the factory stereo & down under the dash. I then cut the speaker wires & hooked them into the controller. Then I ran the RCA cables to a 4 channel amp under the passenger's seat, & also down to the boot for the Sub & amp. I then ran the speaker output wires from the amp back up under the dash & connected to the other end of the cut wires. Once I mounted the speakers, I spliced them into the factory speaker wiring in the doors. This allows me to convert the system back to factory very easily & remove all the aftermarket gear.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Audiocontrol is a awesome brand. I'm running a LC6i in my 2012 Mazda 3.

1st question, do you have bose?

I would recommend replacing all 4 door speakers.

Depending on how hardcore you want to go, you can stay with the factory speaker wiring. I've got my controller mounted up above my glovebox ( out of the way)

I used a wiring diagram to trace the speaker wiring out from the factory stereo & down under the dash. I then cut the speaker wires & hooked them into the controller. Then I ran the RCA cables to a 4 channel amp under the passenger's seat, & also down to the boot for the Sub & amp. I then ran the speaker output wires from the amp back up under the dash & connected to the other end of the cut wires. Once I mounted the speakers, I spliced them into the factory speaker wiring in the doors. This allows me to convert the system back to factory very easily & remove all the aftermarket gear.

Hope this helps.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I do not have a bose system. In the US, the only manual transmission option is the base model, no bose. But, obviously an after market sub and amps and speakers will be MUCH better.

I am really wondering if I can fit a 4" mid speaker in the dash? And I will also use lc7i and I will purchase rear after market speakers... kind of don't want to spend more then $125... so I have to figure this out.

I will be using BestBuy as the install people. I trust one guy that works there. I expect to get this done in about 6 weeks. In 3 weeks we are installing a 7" kenwood with backup camera and android play in my wife's 2012 forester and I am planning on doing my car after that.

About factory speaker wires... there will need to be atleast one additional wire for the 4" mid's. The 6.53x has a 6.5" and a 4" and a tweeter and a crossover that is HUGE!

I know the car will sound awesome... Just have to decide where to put the subcontrol ****.

And I don't know if I should invest in a copastor... my last car that had this system installed... the headlights would go dim everytime the bass hit... I drove the car for 5 years and never got pulled over by the cops so I don't know how bad it was but I did notice it when I drove. The system should do 300RMS and 500 RMS for the subs.