Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Android Auto Bug Report

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Default Android Auto Bug Report

I have been using Android Auto on my 2018 Mazda6 for several weeks. I use it with my Pixel 2 XL phone running Android 9. So far, I have found two problems.

When in Android Auto mode, the control **** and surrounding buttons are supposed to provide functions within AA, excepting a long press on the Home button which toggles AA and MZD Infotainment. I have found that this works for some buttons but not all:

(1) The “Music” button does return to the current AA audio app. However, if no AA app had been chosen, the Music button returns to the MZD Source Selection screen. In this instance, the Music button should go to the AA audio app selection screen (i.e. stay within AA).

(2) The "Favorites" button (star) always goes to the MZD favorite stations screen. It should instead stay within AA and show the favorites within the AA audio app (if possible) or at least go to the AA list of audio apps. In other words, it should not leave AA.

I have also noticed a problem with AA not respecting a choice of navigation app between Google Maps and Waze (e.g. in response to saying “Navigate to …” to AA. This is more likely a problem for Google which I will report.

BTW, despite these few bugs, I think Mazda has done a great job integrating the MZD ****/buttons into CarPlay and AA. Much better, and safer, than using a touch screen.

I'd be interested in anyone else's experience so far.

Last edited by JWBoulder; 10-04-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:46 AM

I have the Android auto also and mine will disappear, come back to a different screen or just stop. Google maps will lose the directions, go blank or return to a different map completely. I have called Mazda Service, the answer? we're working on it. Come on this should have been done before it was released. Ford, Chevy and everyone else has it working right.
Today the infotainment center shut down completely after I got home and shut the car off I restarted it after 5 min. and the infoscreen came back.
I am going to take this car back to Mazda 10-15-18 and if they cannot fix it to my satisfaction they can keep it. I have had lemons before but this is one of the worst.

Last edited by Sleepyam; 10-14-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:09 PM
Default Mazda6 Signature Infotainment system update

Hello all Mazda6 owners
I just got my Mazda 6 Signature back 11-10-18. "Mica" has received another systemwide software update (#4). This one seems to have done the trick of fixing the glitches in the infotainment system and the engine management system also. Apparently they are still working on fixing the Android system, the Apple play seems to be OK though. I did make it plain that I was not a happy camper but with all things automotive now it seems that my computer related problems were very difficult to replicate in a repeatable way. I was able to show the technician what was happening and he said that it looked like an update was needed, called Mazda Tech and they had just finished one and that is what they did, and now so far everything is peachy. Please I didn't mean to jinks anything!!
Update: 11/19/18 Crap, I guess I jinxed it, Friday the info screen went blank, Saturday the engine stuttered (Again) screen went blank twice, Sunday the screen went blank twice and the engine did it's stutter again. BACK TO MAZDA!

Last edited by Sleepyam; 12-01-2018 at 01:28 PM.