Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

2018 CarPlay/Android Auto Infotainment Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:46 PM

I just upgraded my 6 with AA and it took my dealer less than 2 hours to complete the upgrade. It was a free upgrade to clarify everybody's concerns.

Old 10-10-2018, 11:49 AM

Just had my Signature done with the AA and have been having problems ever since. NOT HAPPY MAZDA.

Old 10-10-2018, 12:05 PM

What kind of Problems? Prior screens not working? Car not running correctly? Please give us some details! THANKS!

Old 10-13-2018, 01:06 PM

OK here ya go.... The maps from google will disappear and then reappear but not the same area. the screen will go blank and then reappear with a different screen shot of say your last phone call, or what's playing on the radio. many times(as in four or five times in a minute) the screen goes blank and then light up and go blank again and change to default mode or something else. Also now the engine will default into a low power and it sucks up the gas ( 15 - 17mpg) It did not do this until they added AA & Remote start. I brought it into the Mazda dealer last Tuesday and they reset the system(?) and it ran better. The next day I had to go to court about an hour away. Started out fine, google maps too, then about 15minutes later it started with the screen going blank, messing up and then the engine did its thing up slowing down. I am going to call Mazda Service and complain that if they cannot fix it I want my money back. I now think I should have bought the Lincoln Continental, yah I know that that would have cost twice as much but I have talked to two Lincoln Cont. owners and they have had no trouble with them, not like this. Today 10-14-18 went to church car running fair not great when we got out of church car started up BUT the infotainment center NEVER came on black screen nothing. Drove it home shut it off in the driveway. Waited about five minutes and restarted the car, Viola everything is up and running. Now What!? This car is quickly turning into a royal pain.
UPDATE: 12/14/2018 Mazda has updated the computer system yet again. It does work BUT you must be careful when you start the car. If you turn it on too fast, car runs but screen does not come on, also sometimes the cameras don't come on or come on very dimly. These cameras are of poor quality also. The dealership has a very good man as a service advisor but even he says that Mazda has not gotten this right. They really need to reengineer their programs better, it seems like they are scrambling the fix but failing. My wife ( you all know what THAT means!) is very P.O. about this car, she wants them to buy it back but doesn't understand that you have to have a problem that is repeatable and this is very intermittent. A pain but not every day.
The gas mileage still is off, 19.7 last fillup, should be 25 or better. Don't know what is up with that and they don't either. More later!

Last edited by Sleepyam; 12-28-2018 at 11:39 AM.