Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Aircon sometimes not working ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 02:40 AM
Default Aircon sometimes not working ???

Hi,

I have this problem that my AC sometimes don't work. My old car it was all manual controls of the fan/heat/cool system so you knew what you'd told it to do, but I'm suspecting that the system in my 6 is trying to be clever or something.

Basically in wet weather I like to have the AC on (not on ACEco but "AC") and have the air circulating internally, and have the temperature set to maybe 25degrees. Its about 10degrees outside. But most of the time the windows just fog up on me. Sometimes I can get it to work but I'm not sure how. Sometimes when the windows fog up I turn the temp down to lowest(18) and it doesn't get cold, proving that the AC isn't going.

I've checked with one of those DIY kits and there's enough gas in the system - it's in the green zone on the gauge. The air system in these cars is confusing because if you hit the "AUTO" button but then change, say, the AC button, you end up in a mode where it removes the "AUTO" light, but if you raise and lower the temp it will still react. So it's in a sort-of-auto mode.
So I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing like, maybe even though you have it on "AC" it may still not put the compressor on unless it is trying to COOL the cabin. Or maybe it doesn't like running the compressor if you have it on internal circulation. Or something.....

Anyone had any issue like this?

Thanks,
Simon