Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   2009 Mazda6 = Junk!! (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/2009-mazda6-%3D-junk-17616/)

KGSPECK 02-15-2009 11:17 AM

2009 Mazda6 = Junk!!

Well I purchased a 09 Mazda6 with the 2.5 liter and loaded options.
The car drifted to the right when new, Mazda said "we will fix it". Drop car off called back and told they cant touch it Mazda has to come out and look at it. 1 week later mazda has it for the whole day and replaced all rims and tires and performed 4 alignments to get it staight. Then 2 weeks later I get a terrible steering growl/grind noise and the glove box shock broke. They had to order a new rack and pinion for it. 2 weeks later they install rack and fix glove box. Car pulls left now and they wont fix it " its withen mazda specs" they say. Then a week later the steering starts making noise again "bad clockspring" they replace that and a serp belt that was chirping. Now 2 weeks later the suspension has a pop noise braking and accel. something loose? take it back, They tighten everything down and pop goes away. Now 3 days later the suspension is squeeking when you enter or leave the car when parked (bushing noise). take it back to mazda "cannot duplicate" So I show them the problem and they say its in mazda specs again. And on top of it all I now have 14998 miles and the paint on the front fascia and the side view mirrors is coming off. Its like the paint is being sandblasted off the car. they repainted the fog light bezels but they told me I must be driving in a bad Enviroment that is not good for the paint (I live in Arizona).

Well I am trading it in today and am sorry to say I will never buy another Mazda again in my life..

Just fair warning for anyone looking at the new Mazda6...:eek:

CKeffer 02-15-2009 01:33 PM

eesh, sounds like you got one helluva lemmon. Sorry to hear about this man.

-Cameron Keffer

shipo 02-15-2009 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by KGSPECK (Post 86934)
Well I purchased a 09 Mazda6 with the 2.5 liter and loaded options.
The car drifted to the right when new, Mazda said "we will fix it". Drop car off called back and told they cant touch it Mazda has to come out and look at it. 1 week later mazda has it for the whole day and replaced all rims and tires and performed 4 alignments to get it staight. Then 2 weeks later I get a terrible steering growl/grind noise and the glove box shock broke. They had to order a new rack and pinion for it. 2 weeks later they install rack and fix glove box. Car pulls left now and they wont fix it " its withen mazda specs" they say. Then a week later the steering starts making noise again "bad clockspring" they replace that and a serp belt that was chirping. Now 2 weeks later the suspension has a pop noise braking and accel. something loose? take it back, They tighten everything down and pop goes away. Now 3 days later the suspension is squeeking when you enter or leave the car when parked (bushing noise). take it back to mazda "cannot duplicate" So I show them the problem and they say its in mazda specs again. And on top of it all I now have 14998 miles and the paint on the front fascia and the side view mirrors is coming off. Its like the paint is being sandblasted off the car. they repainted the fog light bezels but they told me I must be driving in a bad Enviroment that is not good for the paint (I live in Arizona).

Well I am trading it in today and am sorry to say I will never buy another Mazda again in my life..

Just fair warning for anyone looking at the new Mazda6...:eek:

You're trading it? Uhhh, please forgive my impertinence, but why the heck haven't you contacted a Lemon Law attorney? There is absolutely no reason why you should take such a financial bath on such a new car when it has so many problems.

93greenstrat 02-15-2009 05:32 PM

What Shipo and CKeffer said. Sorry to hear of your situation. How many miles was on the car when you bought it? Souonds like the car was either in accident and then patched up and resold or a few of the guys at AAI had too much of a good time the night before they assembled your car.

cuddle1979 02-27-2009 10:15 PM

I agree with shipo. I hope something kept you from trading that day and you decide to let Mazda have it!

AHan 02-28-2009 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by shipo (Post 86957)
You're trading it? Uhhh, please forgive my impertinence, but why the heck haven't you contacted a Lemon Law attorney? There is absolutely no reason why you should take such a financial bath on such a new car when it has so many problems.

Lemon Laws vary widely by state. Some states just don't give the consumer all the rights that others do.

shipo 02-28-2009 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by AHan (Post 87805)
Lemon Laws vary widely by state. Some states just don't give the consumer all the rights that others do.

While that's certainly true, I seriously doubt that the laws in even the weakest of the lemon law states would have prevented the OP from pursuing a claim, errr, assuming he was even remotely accurate about the severity of his problems.