Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

different programming modes

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 11:00 AM
Default different programming modes

HI,

I recently bought a 2005 Mazda 6 2.0 TS.

The remote locking does not work. Reading through many forums the common reprogramming guide is.

open drivers side door.
Insert key into ignition and turn to on, then off - (3 times)
close door and open door 3 times (or press button on door 3 times)

With my car this does nothing. However I read on a post somewhere that it can be 4 cycles of the key, and possibly more.

When I do 4 cycles of the key instead of 3, the car signals with a lock cycle. Then a few seconds later the warning lights on the dash blink twice. I get no response from pressing buttons on the fob.
When i try 5 cycles of the key it cycles the locks more than once, then a few seconds later cycles the locks again, and again.
I have tried 6 too and it's similar to 5 or might be the same. I didn't analyse them enough.
In any of the above procedures I don't seem to get a response from the key.

Does anyone know anymore about these different modes it seems to go into?

I have also tried a ecu reset by disconnecting the negative terminal from the battery.

I bought a second remote from ebay and it has the same part number (i think), "pa-mxd6-gf50" this is on the plastic part that covers the electronics. However the fcc number is different on them. Does this matter?

Thanks

Rob

Old 12-01-2018, 04:15 PM

Hi rob, your correct with the 3 cycles of the ignition followed by opening and closing drivers door 3 times, the locks should then cycle, when they do push any button on the key fob twice, and twice on any other additional key fobs, when you do this the locks should cycle again, I’d recommend replacing the key for battery’s to cover all basis, of memory serves there cr1620 battery’s available at any motor factors
hope this helps
good luck