Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda6 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/)
-   -   2004 Mazda 6 CD Player Help (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda6-20/2004-mazda-6-cd-player-help-8913/)

blakevermaat 06-14-2007 05:45 PM

2004 Mazda 6 CD Player Help

I just got a 2004 Mazda 6. When I got home I realized there is a cd stuck in the cd player. When I hit eject it does absolutly nothing. It doesnt even try to eject the disk. It is only a single cd player. Anyone know a way to fix this. The car is still under warranty but I have to drive a ways to get it fixed and they will probably have to order a new player which meens another trip up there. I have intstalled a lot of stereo systems. Any help would be great.

thor 01-13-2009 04:51 PM

RE: 2004 Mazda 6 CD Player Help

Is there no solution to this problem other than getting it seen to by the dealers? It's an old thread but my 2004 Mazda 6 is exhibiting the same fault. A CD is stuck in the player which is totally unresponsive. The radio function works fine but the cd only displays cd in message and does not play or eject. My warranty has run out so I would rather try and get it fixed myself.

virgin1 01-13-2009 06:22 PM

You could take it to an independent repair shop? "Don"t know what kinda" $$$ you"d be looking at though.
Or take it apart yourself and see what you can see.
I had the idea at one point that I"d like to get a changer for mine and shopped hard for it. Every one wanted $200+ for a used one and for the little I actually use the stereo in my car, I could not justify the expense. After hearing of these horror stories cropping up after a couple of years I"m quite happy with my single play unit, thank you. :D

thor 01-17-2009 02:44 PM

Are there any instructions knocking about to show how the CD can be opened up?

rx4to6 01-17-2009 11:18 PM

I read this on Porsche forum:
Use another CD to bump the stuck CD, if that doesn't work, disconnect the fuse to the radio for 10 minutes, reconnectand try eject and bump. GOOD LUCK.

thor 01-18-2009 03:50 PM

I have found that by keeping the eject button pressed for a few seconds, releasing and then pressing the eject again can get my cd out occasionally.
It does also play now tracks sometimes but stops at random moments so there is still a problem. I would like to give it a good clean but the whole cd unit appears to be completely integrated into the dash and I cannot see how I could get at it.

skiross 01-21-2009 12:54 PM

I just got a 2004 6 and found out my CD changer doesn't work. I'm looking to replace it. Have any of you had any luck? Anyone know where to find used replacements?

Thanks

virgin1 01-21-2009 02:23 PM

Have you tried resetting the ECUfirst? Or checking the radio"s fuse?

jrtruthguy 06-11-2009 03:07 PM

Anyone know how to remove front cover on radio/cd player of 2004 mazda 6. Same problem as others. Think problem is warped cd. Had no other problems. If I can get to it, I might get lucky. Removed 2 screws under heater controls but doesn't seem to budge. Help!

Zgirbeata 06-12-2009 07:50 PM

To get at the radio, you have to remove the entire center section (heating controls and all). Once you remove the two screws under the heater controls, you'll have to remove your glove box to get to a 10mm screw that secures the center unit to the dash. After removing the security screw, pry off the center section gently and disconnect all connections starting with shortest to longest.