Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda5-43/)
-   -   Tyre wear on UK Mazda5 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda5-43/tyre-wear-uk-mazda5-20951/)

iainso 07-21-2014 03:19 AM

£1500 service?!!! I was warned last service that the next one would be the expensive cambelt change and injector clean service, and would be £700. Was there more needed in the £1200 you were quoted?

coney 07-22-2014 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by iainso (Post 147643)
£1500 service?!!! I was warned last service that the next one would be the expensive cambelt change and injector clean service, and would be £700. Was there more needed in the £1200 you were quoted?

I'm sure that quote was from one of the dearer dealers. If it was £700, I might consider it, as there isn't much more in the service than the belts and the injector clean. The first was dear due to valves, but they said they don't do that at this service, which makes it even poorer value. The parts they are charging for must be massively high, as I can get everything I need for less than £250. oil and all the filters, belt and a bit of fluid is about all it is, possibly water pump, which should really be fine.

iachella 07-22-2014 08:23 AM

There is an exterior belt(air con, etc), but it's not a cam belt. These cars have a cam chain. No service required. I had to change the belt and tensioner pulley because the pulley had rusted and it cost 350 USD (~200 UK lbs?). Easy job. Injector service? Don't waste your money. If you go for that, he'll also charge you to top off your blinker fluid.

coney 07-24-2014 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by iachella (Post 147663)
There is an exterior belt(air con, etc), but it's not a cam belt. These cars have a cam chain. No service required. I had to change the belt and tensioner pulley because the pulley had rusted and it cost 350 USD (~200 UK lbs?). Easy job. Injector service? Don't waste your money. If you go for that, he'll also charge you to top off your blinker fluid.

Except it's a diesel, which is cambelt. I believe you only have the petrol on that side of the water.

iainso 11-03-2014 08:19 AM

Is anyone still seeing this tyre wear on the inner edge of fronts problem anymore? My problem disappeared when the car was about 3 years old, I did nothing to the alignment, it just seemed to go away by itself. Perhaps some springs or suspension softening over time?

dukemon 03-24-2015 04:11 PM

Our Canadian 2006 did it for 4 sets of tires before I finally got smart and told our Independent tire shop to completely ignore "factory specs" on the alignment and just make sure the tires sat flat on the pavement. They were a little leery of doing that because of how it would affect the ride. 40,000 km later I'm about to do my first rotation and the tires look good for another 40,000. The ride has been a bit rougher but well worth the cost at $280/tire. Currently using Good Year Tripletreads....excellent tire for anybody interested.

Mazdagus 11-06-2021 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by dukemon (Post 151908)
Our Canadian 2006 did it for 4 sets of tires before I finally got smart and told our Independent tire shop to completely ignore "factory specs" on the alignment and just make sure the tires sat flat on the pavement. They were a little leery of doing that because of how it would affect the ride. 40,000 km later I'm about to do my first rotation and the tires look good for another 40,000. The ride has been a bit rougher but well worth the cost at $280/tire. Currently using Good Year Tripletreads....excellent tire for anybody interested.

hi....